Primus 2220 lantern

Old August 9th 04, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil Purling

Default Primus 2220 lantern

What sort was the original mantle this lantern used.
One expects this sort of lantern to take the typical 100cp double tie
mantle. Apparently not in this case. It seems a #2 hard gas mantle will fit
but maybe isn't quite right.

Old August 12th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil Purling

There is apparently a clip which holds the mantle firmly in place, like
holding a thimble down by the edge.
I thought that they wanted to use a hard mantle for shock resistance. I have
heard that the mantle was specific to this lantern. I hope not.

Old August 20th 04, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil Purling

I have received the lantern and I fitted a No2 Veritas mantle after a lot of
sweat and fear as I eased the retaining ring down over the mantle.
They are a difficult fit if they have gone slightly globular rather than
being like a thimble.
Anyway it works well
rhe intended cartidge is a 175gm blowlamp type, which fits in a plastic tube
base.
The suspension arrangement is attached to the platic tube and not the body
of the light.
This and the fact that the jet is open to wind leads me to assume the
lantern is for indoor use only.
I have no idea of how old it is.

I could only find one site with a picture of the lantern in a Google image
search: http://www.otomaru.comkokankai/image/p2220_L.jpg

However when I tried to access the site I got a Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /kokankai/museum/ on this server.
'Forbidden You dont have permission to access kokani/museum on this server'
message.
its a bit of a sod because its all I came up with in a search for images of
this lantern.