Halogen Heaaters

Old October 10th 03, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Griffith

Default Halogen Heaaters

Has any one any experience of halogen heaters. I saw one today and it seemed
extremely good value. It even had a auto switch off, it the unit was knocked
over.

I am thinking of one for the awning,

--
Remove Nospam to reply

Old October 10th 03, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

David Griffith wrote:
Has any one any experience of halogen heaters. I saw one today and it
seemed extremely good value. It even had a auto switch off, it the
unit was knocked over.

I am thinking of one for the awning,

one of our friends and neighbours had one last year, I think they paid
about 29.99 for it and it was brilliant ... only worry was if it would
attract low flying jets at night ;o)

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

http://wrexhamseals.tripod.com

Old October 10th 03, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BM

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message

: 2Kw of heat from a fan heater will make exactly the same difference to
: the average temperature in a awning, as one of these halogen heaters,
: except that the halogen heater will tend to project its heat more
: locally.
:

Mmm...good answer Harry. And the Fan heater is more suitable to inside the
Van too i would think.

BM.

Old October 10th 03, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ralph Williams

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message

: 2Kw of heat from a fan heater will make exactly the same difference to
: the average temperature in a awning, as one of these halogen heaters,
: except that the halogen heater will tend to project its heat more
: locally.
:

Unfortunately 2Kw is likely to blow many electrical hook-ups.
The advantage of the halogen heaters is that they many only take 400watt and
800watt.
I've not tried ours in the awning but it certainly warms our feet in the
caravan!

Old October 10th 03, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:59:50 +0100, "Ralph Williams"
wrote:

Unfortunately 2Kw is likely to blow many electrical hook-ups.

I've never blown one in 13 years and I use a 2kw fan heater regularly
either in the awning or in the past before I had an before my heating
system had an electric option I used it in the van. The only
precaution I found necessary is to turn the fan heater off when we
plug the 2kw kettle in.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old October 11th 03, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

In message , David
Griffith writes
Has any one any experience of halogen heaters. I saw one today and it seemed
extremely good value. It even had a auto switch off, it the unit was knocked
over.

I am thinking of one for the awning,

We have one for use specifically in the awning and find it really good.
Especially for me as I'm banished to the awning for a smoke. It also
seems to radiate the heat more effectively than a fan heater, though
obviously when the temperature drops very low the closer to the heater
the better it is.

--
Bill
Old October 11th 03, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

Has any one any experience of halogen heaters. I saw one today and it
seemed

We use one in the awning.

It has 400, 800, 1200w setting. It oscillates.
Ours cost 24.95 from Collins Caravans near reading.

But while on the Go-Touring Rally at Rudding Park someone found a caravan
dealer near Harrogate selling them for 19.99. I think there was a run on
them from the Rally members.

Good for a bit of localised heat and gives a nice effect, makes the awning
look cosy.

Harry

Old October 11th 03, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ed

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:25:13 +0000 (UTC), "Harry Rogers"
wrote:

Has any one any experience of halogen heaters. I saw one today and it

seemed
................................................. ...............

We use one in the awning.

It has 400, 800, 1200w setting. It oscillates.
Ours cost 24.95 from Collins Caravans near reading.

But while on the Go-Touring Rally at Rudding Park someone found a caravan
dealer near Harrogate selling them for 19.99. I think there was a run on
them from the Rally members.

Good for a bit of localised heat and gives a nice effect, makes the awning
look cosy.

Harry

Don't want to upset anyone but Tradex in Nottingham were doing 2 for
20. Yes two for 20 quid. They are powerplus heaters.

Ed

Old October 13th 03, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike R

"David Griffith" wrote in message
Has any one any experience of halogen heaters. I saw one today and it

seemed
extremely good value. It even had a auto switch off, it the unit was

knocked
over.

I am thinking of one for the awning,

--
Remove Nospam to reply

Just bought one today (Pyramid Halogen Heater) from Highbridge for 20

Mike