Car battery in tent.

Old August 9th 04, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
foggy

Default Car battery in tent.

Would it be safe to use a lead acid car battery inside a tent? I know when
you are recharging it gives off dangerous gasses. Does it give off any
gasses in use...I was thinking of using it to power a 12v light bulb. I
don't have porch in the tent but could leave the battery outside if needed.
tia,
foggy.

Old August 9th 04, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
foggy

That is probably what I will do. Just easier to keep it dry and use croc
clips if it was inside.
foggy

Old August 10th 04, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tony

I once saw a tent go up in flames, caused by a car battery and dodgy wiring
connections to the light.

I would keep it outside and disconnct it at night or if you go out

Old August 10th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Seroxat Mad[_2_]

Or just make sure the connections are safe and fused

---

Old August 10th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Seroxat Mad[_2_]

Old August 11th 04, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
MBQ

"Tony" wrote in message t...
I once saw a tent go up in flames, caused by a car battery and dodgy wiring
connections to the light.

I would keep it outside and disconnct it at night or if you go out

Battery placement is totally irrelevent wrt dodgy wiring.

Regardless of where the battery is kept, you should use a fuse close to the battery.

MBQ