camping in Caceres, Spain

Old August 9th 04, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Purple

Default camping in Caceres, Spain

Can anyone recommend a good campsite in the Caceres or Merida region in
Extremadura Spain?

TIA

Fran

Old August 12th 04, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy

In message , Purple
writes
Can anyone recommend a good campsite in the Caceres or Merida region in
Extremadura Spain?

TIA

Fran

Hi
as nobody seems to have answered, I'll throw in my two euro cents worth.

Apart from the foothills of the Gredos mountains, where they trail off
West, an area called La Vera, most parts of Caceres and Merida are
extremely bare, dry and hot, making good shade an absolute essential on
any campsite. IME
campsites vary greatly in terms of shade provided by good tree cover. As
for facilities such as showers and toilets, as well as hook-ups, most
campsites have a high standard nowadays and always have a bar, often a
shop and restaurant. Choosing one within walking distance of a village
or town means you have a wider choice of bars, shops and restaurants,
obviously.
There is a good camping website for Spain, in English if you need, but I
can't remember the URL. A Google of ' camping Spain ' should turn it up.
Hope this helps some.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid