Sugestions for large, but very strong tents

Old August 9th 04, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

Default Sugestions for large, but very strong tents

Hi all,

Just got back from 2 weeks on Uists. Windy as usual......

Took my Robens Triple Dreamer tent for the 3 ofus to give us plenty of spec
if the weather was bad....it was not, but had its moments!

So the tent was OK...but only just. I am used to the performance of my TNF
VE-25 and know a large tent is not going to be anywhere near as stable, but
a pole (aluminium) got bent....beyond repair.
It was pretty cold too, having no mudwall around the edges. A couple of
tents fared much worse.
Anyone have a suggestion for a more stable large tent? I would prefer a
tunnel as I find the large domes difficult to put up ( too short).

Thanks

Julie