Blackpool @ Half Term

Old October 10th 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

Default Blackpool @ Half Term

Any favourite sites near Blackpool for Half Term week (hook-up, toilets +
showers)

Many thanks in advance!

Old October 10th 03, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Leyland_Leopard tried to scribble ...

Any favourite sites near Blackpool for Half Term week (hook-up,
toilets + showers)

Many thanks in advance!

Bit late to book .. we couldn't, so have a hotel as well as a couple of
nights at a 'friends' field ..

--
.............................Paul - xxx

Old October 11th 03, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Bit late to book .. we couldn't, so have a hotel as well as a couple of
nights at a 'friends' field ..

I appreciate we're trying to book rather late in the day - thought it might
be worth looking anyway.

If we can't get in around Blackpool, we'll just go somewhere else instead!

Old October 11th 03, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Allan

In article ,
"Leyland_Leopard" wrote:

Any favourite sites near Blackpool for Half Term week (hook-up, toilets +
showers)

Many thanks in advance!

--------------

My own is Newton Hall on the edge of Blackpool. There is a bus stop at the
entrance with buses every half hour into Blackpool. Tel:01253 882512. I'm
not sure when it closes for the winter as I do not have a brochure to hand.

It may have much more than you prefer on a site including an indoor heated
swimming pool and very good entertainment for kids. There is a small Country
Club where kids can be admitted and for adults an indoor and outdoor bowling
rink not owned by the site but available to holidaymakers. There is also a
small lake for fishing.

A major plus point for us is that it is one of the very hard to find sites
where dogs are not allowed and kids can run about and play on the grass in
safety.

--
John Allan

Old October 11th 03, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

On the same vein, saw the feature in this months CC mag about the Blackpool
site, anyone been and comments please, looks ok.but I would rather trust the
views of fellow NGers
Stan

Old October 13th 03, 05:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve W...

"Stan Kirk" wrote in message
On the same vein, saw the feature in this months CC mag about the

Blackpool
site, anyone been and comments please, looks ok.but I would rather trust

the
views of fellow NGers
Stan

I also stayed earlier this year & was very impressed by the cleanliness &
privacy on the site, A1...

Steve...

Old October 15th 03, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

"kqr" wrote in message
t...
In article , Stan Kirk scribbled
hurriedly;

On the same vein, saw the feature in this months CC mag about the

Blackpool
site, anyone been and comments please, looks ok.but I would rather trust

the
views of fellow NGers
Stan

Nice site - or it was when I was last there [Oct 02]
Used it a few times.

Things good about it:

[1] Dead easy to get to, motorway access is a doddle.
[2] Easy access close by [few mins drive] to supermarkets.
[3] Easy access to Bpool without being too close.
[4] Very clean and tidy well laid out and easy to pitch.

Last time I was there they had the gates closed all the time
with a bloke guarding it to let you in and out. This was due
to a problem with gypo's earlier in the year.

Prey explain, what's this scribbled hurriedly supposed to mean, I thought
long and hard about this one??? :-(
Stan

Old October 15th 03, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

"Steve W..." wrote in message

I also stayed earlier this year & was very impressed by the cleanliness &
privacy on the site, A1...

Steve...

Thanks Steve, I have also had a few replies direct to my E-mail saying
similar, think we give it a try.
Stan

Old October 15th 03, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

"Stan Kirk" wrote in message

Thanks Steve, I have also had a few replies direct to my E-mail saying
similar, think we give it a try.
Stan

Time to reach for the ear muffs !!!!! G

Roy

Old October 20th 03, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

"Roy" wrote in message
Time to reach for the ear muffs !!!!! G

Roy

Now now Roy, you can go off of some people.