Recommended Rucksack

Old August 11th 04, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew Gill

Default Recommended Rucksack

I am looking for a good reliable rucksack (preferable with a place to
put sleeping bag on the bottom - rack?).
Needs to be able to carry enough stuff for a trip from 3 weeks to a
month.

Any suggestions?
A link to the website that the rucksack is shown on would be an
advantage
Old August 11th 04, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fudge

Well, they're not cheap, but I have a macpac cascade which I got in New
Zealand. Money well spent when carrying a tent and gear around for eight
hours a day, IMO.

Here's a link to the field and trek site, which has other macpacs.
http://www.fieldandtrek.com/ft1/cate...facturer%5Fid=
142&cat%5Fid=RUCKLARG&mscssid=9SJEAMF7E4BX9GVPCMS7 5WEPPX2Q9BM2

Regards,

Fudge

Old August 12th 04, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
The Crow

"Fudge" wrote in message
Well, they're not cheap, but I have a macpac cascade which I got in New
Zealand. Money well spent when carrying a tent and gear around for eight
hours a day, IMO.

Here's a link to the field and trek site, which has other macpacs.

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/ft1/cate...facturer%5Fid=
142&cat%5Fid=RUCKLARG&mscssid=9SJEAMF7E4BX9GVPCMS7 5WEPPX2Q9BM2

Regards,

Fudge

Do Macpac have a good rep'? I must admit I've never heard of them, but
those sacks look pretty impressive. Is this just a personal point of view
or do you happen to know that they are a top manufacturer?

I've been looking for a travelsack with detatcheable daysack and have found
offerings from Karrimore, Berghaus and Low Alpine. I was going to go with
Berghaus because I've never had a problem with any of their equipment before
and I know they're a middle-of-the-road kind of safe, mainstream option.
Would you crecommend Macpac above and beyond companies liek Karrimore and
Berghaus?

Old August 12th 04, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fudge

The Crow wrote

Do Macpac have a good rep'? I must admit I've never heard of them, but
those sacks look pretty impressive. Is this just a personal point of view
or do you happen to know that they are a top manufacturer?

They have a very good reputation but tend to be expensive, as they're made
in New Zealand.

I've been looking for a travelsack with detatcheable daysack and have

found
offerings from Karrimore, Berghaus and Low Alpine. I was going to go with
Berghaus because I've never had a problem with any of their equipment

before
and I know they're a middle-of-the-road kind of safe, mainstream option.
Would you crecommend Macpac above and beyond companies liek Karrimore and
Berghaus?

Well, I've had Berghaus and Karrimore gear before and had no complaints -
they might be cheaper (at least in the UK) than Karrimore.

Fudge

Old August 15th 04, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
steve Wilcox[_2_]

http://www.lowealpine.com/

My wife Rachel and I own 6 of their packs - a Pax 15 and a Pax 25 ( both of
which we use for day to day stuff ), a Walkabout 45 and a Walkabout ND35 (
used for day walks ), and a Frontier 75+15 which I use for backpacking.
Rachel uses a Lowe Appalacian 65+15 for backpacking.
All of the packs are superbly constructed and very well designed. I love the
little touches like the key clips inside the lid pockets on the larger
packs - no more fumbling around in yer pack looking for your car keys after
a long day on the fells . . . . .

--
Peace !

Steve Wilcox

"If Whisky Don't Kill Me I'll Live 'Til I Die"