Sleeping Bags?

Old August 12th 04, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
The Crow

Default Sleeping Bags?

I have a problem, which may or may not put me in the 'fool' category. My
girlfriend and I are going on a trip, and we need a couple of decent
sleeping bags. However, she's not a big tent-lover. I have a hooded
two-season bag that's fine for me; but, and this is where it gets
interesting, I was hoping to find two sleeping bags that could be zipped
together. I don't think she'd appreciate a week in an isolated pod-sack.

Any couples out there faced this problem? I know that one-man, hooded,
enclosed sacks are easily the most efficient way to sleep, but I'm not too
worried about getting cold. It seems to me, from looking around, that you
either have a hooded pod-sack, that will do everything you want and fold up
into the size of an Asprin, which is like the one I have; or you get some
piece of rubbish from Argos, designed for children's sleepovers, that has
Winnie the Pooh on the front and won't compress to anything smaller than a
large armchair.

Anyone know of any compromises, a zippable sleeping bag, that could
therefore be zipped to another, but which compresses down to a decent size
and could, in theory, be taken on a packing trip?

Tall order I know, any ideas? Thanks.

Old August 12th 04, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
The Crow :
I have a problem, which may or may not put me in the 'fool' category. My
girlfriend and I are going on a trip, and we need a couple of decent
sleeping bags. However, she's not a big tent-lover. I have a hooded
two-season bag that's fine for me; but, and this is where it gets
interesting, I was hoping to find two sleeping bags that could be zipped
together. I don't think she'd appreciate a week in an isolated pod-sack.

We have two hooded sleeping bags - one with left zip, the other with
right zip. They can be zipped together to form one big sleeping bag.
They're made by Gelert. I can't remember where we bought them though,
and it was a few years ago so they may not make them anymore.

They're excellent bags.

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw [email protected]
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.

Old August 12th 04, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

In article ,
says...
[...]

My girlfriend and I have zipped mummy sleeping bags (I think this is the
right term!) different brands but mine is a left opener so the two of
them can be zipped together, the only conjecture is obviously where the
zipped part starts is above the feet bit so you still get your own foot
section but this still allows amorousness!
--
I'm famous for my sausage see
www.sausagefans.com

Old August 12th 04, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

In article ,
says...
but not playing footsie or toe sucking? :-)

Ha ha ha ha!

Old August 12th 04, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Seroxat Mad[_2_]

i would just buy the crap from tesco lol

must be a non camper

---

Old August 12th 04, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Seroxat Mad[_2_]

Old August 12th 04, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

In article ,
says...
i would just buy the crap from tesco lol

must be a non camper

???
--
I'm famous for my sausage see