Sleeping Bags?

Old August 12th 04, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
The Crow

Default Sleeping Bags?

I have a problem, which may or may not put me in the 'fool' category. My
girlfriend and I are going on a trip, and we need a couple of decent
sleeping bags. However, she's not a big tent-lover. I have a hooded
two-season bag that's fine for me; but, and this is where it gets
interesting, I was hoping to find two sleeping bags that could be zipped
together. I don't think she'd appreciate a week in an isolated pod-sack.

Any couples out there faced this problem? I know that one-man, hooded,
enclosed sacks are easily the most efficient way to sleep, but I'm not too
worried about getting cold. It seems to me, from looking around, that you
either have a hooded pod-sack, that will do everything you want and fold up
into the size of an Asprin, which is like the one I have; or you get some
piece of rubbish from Argos, designed for children's sleepovers, that has
Winnie the Pooh on the front and won't compress to anything smaller than a
large armchair.

Anyone know of any compromises, a zippable sleeping bag, that could
therefore be zipped to another, but which compresses down to a decent size
and could, in theory, be taken on a packing trip?

Tall order I know, any ideas? Thanks.