Budget flights to the continent and then camping

Old August 13th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
No Spam

Default Budget flights to the continent and then camping

We have been keen campers for 35 years and have had many a holiday on
the continent with the family using our own equipment and baggage
trailer. Eventually the baggage trailer became unnecessary as the
children left home and the car boot and rear seats was all that we
required for our stuff.

In the past few years we have taken budget flights to Sardinia,
Portugal and Italy, hired a car and have some super camping holidays.
Sometimes we have taken our own lightweight camping equipment in one
suitcase and our clothes in another. Sometimes we have stayed in
"bungalows" on campsites which has been a bit more comfortable as we
are now in our 60's.

What we would now like to do is to find any camp sites that are near
enough to a destination of any of the budget airlines to just take a
local taxi to and avoid the need for a car hire.

Any suggestions please?
Old August 13th 04, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Helen Johnson[_2_]

I think there is a campsite reasonably close to venice airport, and also
Pisa.
hth
In message , No Spam
writes

--
Helen Johnson
http://www.familyfrench.co.uk/nappies/index.htm

Old August 16th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
James Cheney

What we would now like to do is to find any camp sites that are near
enough to a destination of any of the budget airlines to just take a
local taxi to and avoid the need for a car hire.

I went to Prague in May. You can get the bus from the airport to near the
university at Dejvica, then the underground to the station "Luka" then it is
500 yards walk (or a short bus trip) to Sunny Camp. Nice trip and plenty to
see. The camp site serves breakfast, toilets, showers etc are OK and the
area feels safe.

Jim

Old August 24th 04, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mike

"James Cheney" wrote in message

What we would now like to do is to find any camp sites that are near
enough to a destination of any of the budget airlines to just take a
local taxi to and avoid the need for a car hire.

You could fly to Alicante and get a bus or taxi down the coast to Camping
International at La Marina (about 12-15 miles south from the airport, along
the N332) http://www.campinglamarina.com/ There is a bus stop directly
outside the site and a beautiful beach is only a short walk, including a
section suitable for au naturel sunning and skinny-dipping.

Mike
www.barebeaches.com