Advice Re Fridge

Old August 13th 04, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barry Collins

Default Advice Re Fridge

Has anyone any views on what fridge to use for a camping holiday? I want
one that is three way.

Barry

Old August 14th 04, 06:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

Barry Collins wrote:

Has anyone any views on what fridge to use for a camping holiday? I want
one that is three way.

Absolutely right ! We tried electric and unless you have a permanent
electric setup they are useless. We had a gas fridge wired in with a
cooker with a T-Piece to a gas bottle and it worked great.

Old August 14th 04, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Barry Collins wrote:

Has anyone any views on what fridge to use for a camping holiday? I

want
one that is three way.

Absolutely right ! We tried electric and unless you have a permanent
electric setup they are useless. We had a gas fridge wired in with a
cooker with a T-Piece to a gas bottle and it worked great.

I have a Sibir one....works a treat!

I'm interested in the "T-piece" idea? Presently I use 2 camping gaz bottles,
but that is a pain! How does it work....and can you disconnect it/close one
branch off if necessary?

Thanks

Julie

Old August 14th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Carl Henshall

We have a Groenland 3 way which works great on 240V,12V and gas (we tend to
take a separate bottle if were running it on gas just because its less
hassle).

It has a variable temperature setting and on the highest (i.e. lowest
temperature) it will make ice cubes in a tray on the element.

Regards

Carl Henshall