Budget flights to the continent and then camping

Old August 13th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
No Spam

Default Budget flights to the continent and then camping

We have been keen campers for 35 years and have had many a holiday on
the continent with the family using our own equipment and baggage
trailer. Eventually the baggage trailer became unnecessary as the
children left home and the car boot and rear seats was all that we
required for our stuff.

In the past few years we have taken budget flights to Sardinia,
Portugal and Italy, hired a car and have some super camping holidays.
Sometimes we have taken our own lightweight camping equipment in one
suitcase and our clothes in another. Sometimes we have stayed in
"bungalows" on campsites which has been a bit more comfortable as we
are now in our 60's.

What we would now like to do is to find any camp sites that are near
enough to a destination of any of the budget airlines to just take a
local taxi to and avoid the need for a car hire.

Any suggestions please?