Western Channel Ferry Prices

Old October 11th 03, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HarryBurr1

Default Western Channel Ferry Prices

Further to an earlier post here are a list of prices I've received from The CC.
Dates of Travel. June 17th out July 2nd back
Dover/Calais P&O. 5.15am out 9.00am back 128 ferry only. Must be booked and
paid for by Oct. 31st
Portsmouth/Cherbourg P&O 11.15 out 06.30 back + 12 camping cheques + red
pennant insurance 476
Portsmouth/Caen Brittany Ferries 15.15 out 09.00 back + 12 camping cheques +
red pennant insurance. 472
At present we are looking at Brittany so a Portsmouth ferry seems favourite.
However the Dover/Calais appears cheapest at 128 but add the cost of 12
camping cheques 119.40 Ins. 97 plus extra fuel of about 84 and motorway
tolls of about 44 both return and you end up with 472.40
So all in all Cherbourg or Caen is not expensive.
By the way CC have now joined forces with Camping Cheques and are not doing
their own cheques. Seems better because more sites to choose from. One cheque =
9.95

harryB
Old October 22nd 03, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

Harry, precisely what address did you use for P&O.

I have just tried and it won't allow any date for 2004!

In message , HarryBurr1
writes

--
Al Stevenson
This spam trap e-mail address is valid for only

Old October 23rd 03, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HarryBurr1

In article , Al Stevenson
writes:

Harry, precisely what address did you use for P&O.

I have just tried and it won't allow any date for 2004!

Al
Dont know why you cant get in, I didn't have a problem. However I did the final
booking over the phone with The Caravan Club on Monday this week. You can
definitely get into all the ferry websites from the CC web site. It asks for a
Mem. No. so you will need to be a member. Booked Portsmouth/ Cherbourg, out
Thurs 17th June, 11.15am and return Sun 4th July at 06.30am + 14 camping
cheques + red pennant personal and motoring insurance. Total price on invoice
471.52 Not bad for 17 nights. All I've got to do now is find some sites. We
are looking at Brittany, unless the weathers poor then we'll go further south
Hope this helps.

harryB
Old October 23rd 03, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

Rang them up this morning and was told that I couldn't get the free
caravan option if I had logged on to Freedom Fares. I then tried booking
without logging on - still no success.
I ended up booking over the phone with P&O - out 19/6 at 0415, return
18/7 at1015 for 145
Last time I used the Tunnel it cost me over 500

In message , HarryBurr1
writes