sewing waxed material

Old August 16th 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Guest

Default sewing waxed material

Looks like we in the UK are stuck in monsoon whether mode. I got some waxed
material, a bit like Barber jacket material, cheap of our market, and have
an idea to make an overnight bivvybag, sort of thing out of it. Lined with
sheet cloth. I have looked on the net and have seen a few ideas I might use
bits from, but haven't found much about actual construction.
I have a sewing machine that sews this stuff okay.
I want to make proper waterproof seams, and also a bit of info on the thread
to use with this wax material (its more like waxy nylon than cotton)
links to any sites with the info very appreciated thanks. DP