Lighting - help

Old August 16th 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Christian Lindecke

Default Lighting - help

We've just been camping for 3 weeks in Cornwall and used a simple
gaz lamp for pierceable gas cartridges (camping-gaz).
(Like http://www.tool-up.co.uk/shop/diy/GAZ206L.html but we have got
a very cheap one made in italy)

see also:
http://camping.articleinsider.com/41...g_lantern.html

Christian
--
Christian Lindecke
http://www.lokodex.de

Old August 16th 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Vernon

We are going camping later this week, and I have just realised that we don't
have any lighting for our tent. We have a large frame tent, but it has a
roof lining.

Can anyone recommend lighting that is suitable for use inside a tent, and
that works off mains voltage. Also some suggestions about where to buy would
be great

thanks

Vernon

Old August 17th 04, 04:02 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
drew

Vernon wrote:
We are going camping later this week, and I have just realised that we don't
have any lighting for our tent. We have a large frame tent, but it has a
roof lining.

Can anyone recommend lighting that is suitable for use inside a tent, and
that works off mains voltage. Also some suggestions about where to buy would
be great

thanks

Vernon

When running on mains we use a couple of cheap garage lead lamps with
low energy lamps (bulbs) fitted, they are throw away if you bust them,
double insulated for safety, robust as the lamp is within the cage, and
with low energy lamps they run quite cool lowering the risk of fire.

Just my 2 pence worth....

Drew.

Old August 17th 04, 06:41 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

Vernon wrote:

We are going camping later this week, and I have just realised that we don't
have any lighting for our tent. We have a large frame tent, but it has a
roof lining.

Can anyone recommend lighting that is suitable for use inside a tent, and
that works off mains voltage. Also some suggestions about where to buy would
be great

There are numerous camping lights available (do you mean mains ?) , ask
at a local competent camping dealer. We lit our tent quite happily with
a single fluorescent small strip light, driven by a 12v battery, which
allowed us to read while the children went to sleep.

Old August 17th 04, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Vernon wrote:

We are going camping later this week, and I have just realised that we

don't
have any lighting for our tent. We have a large frame tent, but it has a
roof lining.

Can anyone recommend lighting that is suitable for use inside a tent,

and
that works off mains voltage. Also some suggestions about where to buy

would
be great

There are numerous camping lights available (do you mean mains ?) , ask
at a local competent camping dealer. We lit our tent quite happily with
a single fluorescent small strip light, driven by a 12v battery, which
allowed us to read while the children went to sleep.

You can buy rechargeable lamps now.....they are bulky and heavy, but look
pretty good.....I think Ring make them. I use gaz lanterns, but you cannot
hang those overhead as they get so hot so for that I use a small camping gaz
battery lamp....but the batteries cost a fortune as they run out all the
time!
You should be OK in a frame tent hanging a heavyish lantern from the frame
poles.

Julie

Old August 17th 04, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew[_2_]

"Julie Meikle" wrote in message

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Vernon wrote:

[...]

If you have mains hook up, why not just take a table lamp with you?

Andrew