Anyone have a vango hydra...

Old August 21st 04, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
S Gibber

Default Anyone have a vango hydra...

Any thoughts on the good and bad points would really help me.

TIA

Steve

Old August 23rd 04, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
AndyP[_2_]

"S Gibber" wrote

Any thoughts on the good and bad points would really help me.

The only bad point I can think of compared to other tents I've used is that
the clips to attach the flysheet to the peg out points at the bottom of each
pole aren't as easy as they might be. There are lighter 2 person tents
around these days if that's important to you but I like everything else
about mine. Easy to put up (and move about since it's freestanding),
stable, plenty of floor space and headroom, seems well built and hasn't let
me down but hasn't really been used that much. Can't remember having any
condensation problems in it like we used to get sometimes with 2 of us
stuffed into a Jetpacker Plus. The people I lent it to the other weekend
reckoned it was better than the ones their mates took whatever they were.

Old August 23rd 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
S Gibber

Thanks AndyP for your reply,
I have one on order but could not find many reviews on this tent on the web.
After doing as much research as i could and considered others, i decided on
the hydra as have owned a cheaper vango tent before and the design seems
that much better than comparable tents.
I am sure there are more people with this tent out there who could give me
their views but it all seems quiet on this newsgroup.....

Cheers again
Steve

"S Gibber" wrote

Old August 23rd 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
AndyP[_2_]

"S Gibber" wrote

I am sure there are more people with this tent out there who could give

me
their views but it all seems quiet on this newsgroup.....

uk.rec.walking is a busier newsgroup. Camping and walking tend to go
together so the people on there also have a wide collective knowledge when
it comes to tents and related stuff.

Old August 23rd 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
S Gibber

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Steve
"S Gibber" wrote

Old August 23rd 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
S Gibber

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Steve
"S Gibber" wrote