12V DC to 240V AC power adaptor

Old August 24th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark[_4_]

Default 12V DC to 240V AC power adaptor

Hi all

Looking for a 12V DC to 240V AC power adaptor to power a laptop from a
cigarette lighter socket via laptops own power lead.
Anybody know where I can obtain such a thing at a reasonable price ?

Thanks

Mark

Old August 24th 04, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi all

Looking for a 12V DC to 240V AC power adaptor to power a laptop from a
cigarette lighter socket via laptops own power lead.
Anybody know where I can obtain such a thing at a reasonable price ?

Thanks

Mark

theyre not a bad price on ebay

Old August 24th 04, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Mark" wrote in message
What did you put in to find it. I didn't have any luck?

theyre called 'inverters'

http://search.ebay.co.uk/inverter_La...fZC12QQsacateg
oryZ31530QQsalocatedincountryZ3QQsomorecategoriesZ 1

Old August 24th 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

http://tinyurl.com/3trzb

Old August 25th 04, 04:27 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:57:40 +0100, Chris 159 wrote:

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message
What did you put in to find it. I didn't have any luck?

theyre called 'inverters'

http://search.ebay.co.uk/inverter_Laptop-Accessories_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacategoryZ31530QQsalo catedincountryZ3QQsomorecategoriesZ1

http://tinyurl.com/3trzb

that doesn't work use cut and paste instead.

Maplins do them.
http://www.maplins.co.uk electrical power supplies