New Petrol Stove

Old August 25th 04, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
richard baker

Default New Petrol Stove

The Coleman is a good stove, but is prone to blocked generator tubes if you
burn un-leaded petrol. Much better to use Coleman fuel (very expensive in
the UK, I use lighter fluid/petrol, half the price of Coleman), and
un-leaded petrol gives of all sorts of fumes you really don't want in your
body (cancer causing ).

The Coleman build quality also leaves a lot to be desired; as a stove
collector (and user) I prefer an alcohol/meths burner such as the Trangia,
or a kero burning Primus type stove, both are really built to last. Go the
the Classic Camp stove forum (UK) for information on stoves of all type and
age

All the best

Rik