Khyam Freelander tent

Old August 26th 04, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mistaya

Default Khyam Freelander tent

Does anyone have any comments to make on the quality of this tent. I am
going to use it in spring and summer in lowland situations.

Nick

Old August 26th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Mistaya" wrote in message
Does anyone have any comments to make on the quality of this tent. I am
going to use it in spring and summer in lowland situations.

Nick

I have no problems in mine, I have used it every month since i got it in
march, and it will be used all winter. It has seen some torrential rain,
and fairly high winds. I mainly go north wales.

The only negatives i really have are that the rear section pole is shock
corded instead of in place like the others, you have to put the inner in
seperately, and my biggest gripe (as with the ridgidome XXL), it only
pitches really well on flat ground.

Overall i am really pleased with my freelander, that said, i have had khyams
for years, and know people that have had them for decades, and i have never
had problems with any of them!!!

Old August 27th 04, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
eTOMd

"Roebear" wrote in message

"Mistaya" wrote in message
Does anyone have any comments to make on the quality of this tent. I am
going to use it in spring and summer in lowland situations.

Nick

I have no problems in mine, I have used it every month since i got it in
march, and it will be used all winter. It has seen some torrential rain,
and fairly high winds. I mainly go north wales.

The only negatives i really have are that the rear section pole is shock
corded instead of in place like the others, you have to put the inner in
seperately, and my biggest gripe (as with the ridgidome XXL), it only
pitches really well on flat ground.

Overall i am really pleased with my freelander, that said, i have had

khyams
for years, and know people that have had them for decades, and i have

never
had problems with any of them!!!

What not leaking, or rusty poles-the old type, joints breaking.

Old August 27th 04, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , eTOMd
writes
"Roebear" wrote in message

"Mistaya" wrote in message
Does anyone have any comments to make on the quality of this tent. I am
going to use it in spring and summer in lowland situations.

Nick

Overall i am really pleased with my freelander, that said, i have had

khyams
for years, and know people that have had them for decades, and i have

never
had problems with any of them!!!

What not leaking, or rusty poles-the old type, joints breaking.

we have a Khyam Frontier, it's not leaked, even in persistent downpours,

Yes, it has steel poles, but as long as they are treated properly -
dried when put away etc. they don't rust. No problems with joints
breaking, even when it went all over the place when pitching in strong
winds.
--
Chris French

Old August 29th 04, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
coplin.fslife.co.uk

"Mistaya" wrote in message
Does anyone have any comments to make on the quality of this tent. I am
going to use it in spring and summer in lowland situations.

Nick

Used mine very early this year in the wind and snow and no probs although as
it doesnt have a draught valence it was a bit chilly at times

cheers Chris

Old August 30th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"eTOMd" wrote in message
"Roebear" wrote in message

"Mistaya" wrote in message
[...]

I have heard a lot of talk on the forums about the problems you have
mentioned, but i don't know of any of my group of friends that have khyams
ever having any of the problems... the very ends on my XXL poles did go a
bit orange where the rubber caps had fallen off, but a bit of hammerite and
regluing of the caps sorted the issue in 5 mins before the problem really
took hold.

a couple of years ago we camped in extremely high winds and torrential
horizontal rain on a clifftop in morte hoe... i am glad to say that we
remained very dry.