Campervan storage London, near Gatwick airport ??

Old October 12th 03, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tourist

Default Campervan storage London, near Gatwick airport ??

I'm an Australian tourist. In 2000 I bought a campervan in London to tour
Europe, and sold it after our tour in the Loot.
When we were looking for the van one owner took us to his van for sale in a
fenced storage yard with a security guard, where hundreds of campervans and
caravans were stored, somehere inside the M25 ring road, and not very far
from Gatwick airport.
I want to buy another campervan in the UK next year, nd keep it for a few
years for annual tours to Europe and the site we were taken to seems a good
place to store it while we are home in Australia for mist of the year.

Can anyone please tell me:-

Exactly where was this campervan storage yard?
What are the contact details for the operators, address, phone, fax, email
or whatever?

Are there any other better value storage facilities for campervans in the
London area, say inside the M25 ring road, that you can
recomend as providing secure reasonably priced van storage please?

Please reply to the news grpup, the email reply addess is a fake to stop me
getting loaded with spam.

thanks in advance,
Dave.

Old October 12th 03, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HarryBurr1

In article , "Tourist"
writes:

When we were looking for the van one owner took us to his van for sale in a
fenced storage yard with a security guard, where hundreds of campervans and
caravans were stored, somehere inside the M25 ring road, and not very far
from Gatwick airport.

Dave
The Caravan Club site by the name of Amberley Fields is right at the end of the
runway at Gatwick and has lots of storage in a secure environment, not sure
about guards though. Perhaps someone who lives more locally could give a better
discription. Contact. The Warden, Amberley Fields Caravan Club Site, Charlwood
Road, Lowfield Heath, Crawley. RH11 0AQ. Tel 01293-524834

harryB