repairing a hole in a groundsheet

Old August 24th 04, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
davek

Default repairing a hole in a groundsheet

Hello, does anyone have any useful tips on repairing a hole in a
groundsheet, please?

I bought a 'groundsheet repair kit' from a local camping supplies shop
but the glue doesn't bond - it seems to be some kind of rubber cement
such as I'd use for repairing a puncture on my bike, which is not
appropriate in this instance. I've just looked up the tent's specs[1] on
the web and the groundsheet material is described as "Polyethylene
F/R-PE". I guess it's a question of finding the right type of glue for
the job.

Unfortunately, replacing the groundsheet is not an option as it's an
integral part of the tent inner.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

d.

1.It's a Vango Venture 500, btw