what do you take for 3 day wild camping ?

Old August 28th 04, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
JK[_5_]

Default what do you take for 3 day wild camping ?

I usually go on trips (alone or sometimes 2 of us)over wild rugged areas for
about 20 -40KM and take the following items;

1= tent
2= sleeping bag/mat
3= proper clothing/footwear
4= rucksack
5= stove/lighting
6= gps/map/compass/mobile phone & batteries/radio
7= food rations/water
8= practical medical supplies

What else do you take?
Interested in anyone else's list of items they take along?
I take a book !!! & usually a "luxury" item... + things I usually never use
and always take along!..(e.g.) hex stove in case the trianga goes
wrong........ flint lighter although I have 3 cigarette lighters with me !

I always file an "emergency plan" this includes a rough idea of the route I
intend taking and an ETA of when I will be back..... with instructions if I
am not back to send out a search party.!... I always telephone before the
time is up and inform the person that all is OK (usually my parents or
wife).
Am I being paranoid?
Anyone else do anything similar...