Coleman dual fuel stove..

Old September 5th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Peter Watts

Default Coleman dual fuel stove..

Hi,
Would appreciate any ideas you may have about a problem I have with a
Coleman dual fuel stove. I bought it many years ago and never really used
it. Now having a young family we are looking at doing some camping again and
it come out of retirement. I spent a frustrating afternoon this week trying
to get it to light but to no avail. As far as I can tell its losing pressure
(and fuel) out of the very top of the main tank, where it meets the very
bottom of the burner. I've taken it to pieces and tried to polish the two
surfaces with fine sandpaper, tighten it down again but its still losing
pressure. As a result you can get it to light after pumping it up but within
a few seconds the pressure drop, the fual stop being supplied and it goes
out again. All the comments I have read on the net speak very favourably
about these things...this is clearly a one man stove and I'm not him!
Has anyone had any similar experiences...thoughts suggestions etc...right
now its next stop is the local tip...
Thanks in advance..
Pete
Derbys