Two weeks sunshine!

Old September 11th 04, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom

Default Two weeks sunshine!

Having spent August in The Gambia (where rain was prayed for to save the
crops) and returned to England (where rain wasn't being prayed for) we
were booked onto the C&CC site at Winchcombe. The rain stopped the day
before we set off - still not 100% able to reverse the trailer, but
willing to try...
Beautiful site and friendly welcome from the staff. Excellent centre for
touring, and some super pubs within cycling distance. Especially
recommend "The Gardener's Arms" at Alderton, 1 1/2 miles from the site.
Trailer tent pitched in 10 minutes (from un-hitching to sitting down
with a glass of wine). Sunshine - "What shall we wear today? Shorts and
tee-shirt?"
Not the only Skoda-powered outfit on site, nor the only trailer tent,
though 4x4's and large caravans seem to be very common. Everybody very
friendly and chatty though.
Heavy rain last night (Thursday), so a wet pack. In the far-off light-
weight days we just threw the wet tent over the bannister to drip-dry.
Feel the Raclet may be more of a problem!
Slightly ashamed to confess this, but we took along a small television
set, a 5.6" Saka from Maplin. 129, worked perfectly with a bit of
aerial wiggling. Not that I watch soaps, of course...
Happy camping, and thanks for all the help received from this group.
Only problem was that the M6 was closed - so we came home the pretty
way. I've never thought of Birmingham as the pretty way before!
--
tom