Test

Old September 12th 04, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barry Collins

Default Test

test only

Old September 12th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
FOJ

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:36:09 GMT, "Barry Collins"
wrote:

test only

If you want to test, use uk.test NOT uk.rec.camping
--
Martin

Knell Martin he said it was a test..

Old September 12th 04, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tao Shan[_2_]

ffs Martin, use your killfile if it is such a problem for you...

"martin" wrote in message
: On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:32:19 +0100, "FOJ"
: wrote:
:
:
: "martin" wrote in message
: .. .
: On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:36:09 GMT, "Barry Collins"
: wrote:
:
: test only
:
:
: If you want to test, use uk.test NOT uk.rec.camping
: --
: Martin
:
: Knell Martin he said it was a test..
:
:
: ffs that's what uk.test is for.
: --
: Martin

Old September 13th 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FOJ

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:32:19 +0100, "FOJ"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

test only

If you want to test, use uk.test NOT uk.rec.camping
--
Martin

Knell Martin he said it was a test..

ffs that's what uk.test is for.
--
Martin

Maybe he didn't know, and for that matter neither did I. It's not life and
death here Martin so cut a bit of slack.

Old September 16th 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:04:26 +0100, "FOJ" wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:32:19 +0100, "FOJ"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

test only

If you want to test, use uk.test NOT uk.rec.camping
--
Martin

Knell Martin he said it was a test..

ffs that's what uk.test is for.
--
Martin

Maybe he didn't know, and for that matter neither did I. It's not life and
death here Martin so cut a bit of slack.

Oh maaaan! if you can't figure that out you shouldn't be on Usenet! Didn't your ISP
tell you that when you signed up!
Whatever kind of group you join, from the boyscouts on up... they all have their
rules, protocols whatever. Well, **surprise** so do we in Usenet!

Liz
Who drove home in front of a teenager in a sports car with a mobile and no seatbelt
and is in no mood to put up with this sort of drivel.
Old September 17th 04, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Barr

In article , FF wrote:

Oh maaaan! if you can't figure that out you shouldn't be on Usenet! Didn't your ISP
tell you that when you signed up!

Any chance you could set your line wrap to something more sensible? :-)

--
simon at sbarr dot demon dot co dot uk
Simon Barr.
Old September 17th 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Barr

In article , martin wrote:
On 17 Sep 2004 07:34:39 GMT, Simon Barr wrote:

In article , FF wrote:

Oh maaaan! if you can't figure that out you shouldn't be on Usenet! Didn't your ISP
tell you that when you signed up!

Any chance you could set your line wrap to something more sensible? :-)

It looks normal at my end, what are you seeing?

It looks like the line wrap is set to something just over 80, either that or
slrn is playing up. Not really bothered about, it was just a tongue in cheek
comment. Someone moaning about anothers posting habits and getting it wrong
themselves, that sort of thing.

Like when someone posts correcting spelling mistakes and makes more...

Old September 17th 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

In article , FF wrote:

Oh maaaan! if you can't figure that out you shouldn't be on Usenet! Didn't your ISP
tell you that when you signed up!

Any chance you could set your line wrap to something more sensible? :-)

It looks normal at my end, what are you seeing?

It looks like the line wrap is set to something just over 80, either that or
slrn is playing up. Not really bothered about, it was just a tongue in cheek
comment. Someone moaning about anothers posting habits and getting it wrong
themselves, that sort of thing.

Like when someone posts correcting spelling mistakes and makes more...

Well, it's been set like this for more than 8 years now and you're the
first one to complain. But since you did... it is now set to a more than
pukka 72 characters. But really, the days of the 80 column terminal are
long gone, y'know:-)

Liz
Old September 20th 04, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Barr

In article , FF wrote:

Well, it's been set like this for more than 8 years now and you're the
first one to complain. But since you did... it is now set to a more than
pukka 72 characters. But really, the days of the 80 column terminal are
long gone, y'know:-)

Liz

Thanks very much. :-)

I find I still prefer reading my news in a console window. Years ago I
tried slrn and have just stuck with it, it does what I need just fine.

Old September 21st 04, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On 20 Sep 2004 07:34:42 GMT, Simon Barr wrote:

In article , FF wrote:

Well, it's been set like this for more than 8 years now and you're the
first one to complain. But since you did... it is now set to a more than
pukka 72 characters. But really, the days of the 80 column terminal are
long gone, y'know:-)

Liz

Thanks very much. :-)

I find I still prefer reading my news in a console window. Years ago I
tried slrn and have just stuck with it, it does what I need just fine.

Know what you mean:-) Most people upgrade their software willy nilly
just because M$ tells them to.
If you're happy with a console window .... hmm.... thinks actually
these days there's probably quite a lot of street cred in a console
windowg

Liz