New Tent

Old September 12th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Masklin GT

Default New Tent

Hi All

I am after a tent and would like some advice please.

I would like a 2 man tent with a porch area on it for cooking. I
shall be using this tent in the UK in all seasons. Can anyone
reccomend one to me please.
Old September 12th 04, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , Masklin GT
writes
Hi All

I am after a tent and would like some advice please.

I would like a 2 man tent with a porch area on it for cooking.

Well that should narrow it down to a hundred or so... :-)
shall be using this tent in the UK in all seasons.

Whereabouts? Sheltered campsites, on top of the Cairngorms?

Can anyone
reccomend one to me please.

A bit more info would be useful, i.e. :

1. What sort of budget?

2. what sort of camping? - car based, backpacking, cycling camping?
--
Chris French

Old September 13th 04, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Not known to me

5122345651

Try this one on Ebay.

--

http://www.pbase.com/john28july

Old September 13th 04, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Masklin GT

chris French wrote in message ...
In message , Masklin GT
writes
Hi All

I am after a tent and would like some advice please.

I would like a 2 man tent with a porch area on it for cooking.

Well that should narrow it down to a hundred or so... :-)
shall be using this tent in the UK in all seasons.

Whereabouts? Sheltered campsites, on top of the Cairngorms?

Can anyone
reccomend one to me please.

A bit more info would be useful, i.e. :

1. What sort of budget?

2. what sort of camping? - car based, backpacking, cycling camping?

Hi Sorry about the little info

1. Budget up to 200

2. Bit of everythinng really. Mainly Car Camping, but if backpacking
there is two of us to split the tent if needed.

3. I shall be staying in North Yorks Moors, Lakes, Peak District and
Scotland in all Seasons from Winter to Summer. Staying on Sites
mainly but one day would like to venture into Wild Camping but not
yet,

Thanks again

Old September 15th 04, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , Richard Baker
writes
Vango force ten Mk3, forget nylon tents, they just blow away in the wind

Except of course there are loads of synthetic tent which don't.
--
Chris French

Old September 15th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:16:08 +0000 (UTC), Richard Baker wrote:

"Masklin GT" wrote in message
. com...
Hi All

I am after a tent and would like some advice please.

I would like a 2 man tent with a porch area on it for cooking. I
shall be using this tent in the UK in all seasons. Can anyone
reccomend one to me please.

Vango force ten Mk3, forget nylon tents, they just blow away in the wind

Only if you let go of them!

make sure the ground has a good grip on the pegs or make sure you put
something/body heavy in the tent if you are at all worried about it
blowing away during pitching.

Most modern "nylon" tents are designed to shed the wind (and water
come to that) rather better than a F10 in any case.