where to get fabric

Old September 18th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
bill skipton

Default where to get fabric

I'm trying to get some waterproof polyester in white and in yellow,
medium weight. Any suggestions?
tia, Bill
Old September 19th 04, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
bill skipton

Thanks everyone!
I'd already looked at Pennine and they hadn't quite got what I needed.
Sail maker is a good idea - I'll give it a try.

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:15:31 +0100, "Andy Laycock" wrote:

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:54:29 +0100, Andy Laycock wrote:

Here, have a "do" your's seems to have escaped. :-)

I was thinking more of "sell" ;-)

Cheers

Andy

Old September 19th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Laycock[_3_]

I haven't had a look but you could try Pennine Outdoor, they various
fabrics.

Cheers

Andy

Old September 19th 04, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tao Shan[_2_]

Why would a sail need to be waterproof? It gets wet both sides doesn't it?

"martin" wrote in message
news : On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:28:13 +0100, bill skipton
: wrote:
:
: I'm trying to get some waterproof polyester in white and in yellow,
: medium weight. Any suggestions?
:
: Tried a sail maker?
: --
: Martin

Old September 20th 04, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tao Shan[_2_]

"martin" wrote in message
: On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:20:11 GMT, "Tao Shan"
: wrote:
:
: Why would a sail need to be waterproof? It gets wet both sides doesn't
it?
:
: Who said anything about sails needing to be waterproof other than you?
:
:
: "martin" wrote in message
: news : : On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:28:13 +0100, bill skipton
: : wrote:
: :
: : I'm trying to get some waterproof polyester in white and in yellow,
: : medium weight. Any suggestions?
: :
: : Tried a sail maker?
: : --
: : Martin
:

It's all in the thread Martin. But for your benefit, here we go..

Bill asked for waterproof polyester,
you suggested a sailmaker,
I observed that sail material needn't be waterproof (inferring that,
perhaps, sail material would not meet Bill's needs)
and you jumped straight in there with your bottom lip stuck right out,
whinging: "Who said anything about sails needing to be waterproof other than
you?"

Shut up Martin.

Old September 20th 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tao Shan[_2_]

You should have shut up while you still had a smidgeon of dignity left.

"martin" wrote in message
: Did I say sail material?
: No I didn't you inferred it.

(Ah well, at least you learned the word 'inferred' today...)

What other sort of material would a sail maker use?

: and you jumped straight in there with your bottom lip stuck right out,
: whinging: "Who said anything about sails needing to be waterproof other
than
: you?"
: It was you who jumped in with zero know all contribution as usual.
: Shut up Martin.
: Sail makers also use waterproof fabrics. They make other things
: besides sails, such as boat covers.

But would they make boat covers from a medium weight waterproof polyester?

: If I hadn't known and hadn't bought water proof fabric from a sail
: maker, I wouldn't have suggested it.
:

Isn't it way past the time for you to be at school?

Moron

Old September 20th 04, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tao Shan[_2_]

"martin" wrote in message
: On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:22:19 GMT, "Tao Shan"
: wrote:
:
: You should have shut up while you still had a smidgeon of dignity left.
:
: "martin" wrote in message
: .. .
: : Did I say sail material?
: : No I didn't you inferred it.
:
: (Ah well, at least you learned the word 'inferred' today...
:
: You had to look it up or what?

Oooh - touché!

: )
:
: What other sort of material would a sail maker use?
:
: : and you jumped straight in there with your bottom lip stuck right out,
: : whinging: "Who said anything about sails needing to be waterproof
other
: than
: : you?"
: : It was you who jumped in with zero know all contribution as usual.
: : Shut up Martin.
: : Sail makers also use waterproof fabrics. They make other things
: : besides sails, such as boat covers.
:
: But would they make boat covers from a medium weight waterproof
polyester?
:
: So you don't know?

Heard of rhetoric?

: "They make other things besides sails, *such as* boat covers.
:
:
:
: : If I hadn't known and hadn't bought water proof fabric from a sail
: : maker, I wouldn't have suggested it.
: :
:
: Isn't it way past the time for you to be at school?
:
:
: Did your mummy type that?
:
:
: Moron
:
: nice sig :-)

Take it, it suits you.
:
: Useful tip: When you are wrong don't resort to insults.

Nice to see you practise what you preach.

Old September 20th 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook

Pennine are at http://www.pennineoutdoor.co.uk/

Old September 20th 04, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Guest

buy normal fabric and waterproof it with Thomson's watershield