Multi-fuel burner adapter for Trangia

Old September 20th 04, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

Default Multi-fuel burner adapter for Trangia

Hi,

At my local camping store this weekend, I noticed that there is a
multi-fuel adaptor for the Trangia sets. The kit comprises the
replacement burner assembly, the fuel bottle, pump, and connecting
hose. I can't help thinking that the flame temperature and heat
output(or is it input?) of a petrol or kerosene burner in an aluminium
Trangia housing is a sure-fire recipe for molten windshield! Anyone
here have any first hand experience of this conversion? It was priced
up at nearly 100, so I'm unlikely to be buying one - yet. Just
curious.

Neil

Old September 25th 04, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
simplesimon

"Neil" wrote in message
Hi,

At my local camping store this weekend, I noticed that there is a
multi-fuel adaptor for the Trangia sets. The kit comprises the
replacement burner assembly, the fuel bottle, pump, and connecting
hose. I can't help thinking that the flame temperature and heat
output(or is it input?) of a petrol or kerosene burner in an aluminium
Trangia housing is a sure-fire recipe for molten windshield! Anyone
here have any first hand experience of this conversion? It was priced
up at nearly 100, so I'm unlikely to be buying one - yet. Just
curious.

Neil

Havent seen the multi-fuel version but I know you can get a gas conversion
for about 40 which is VERY effective

simon