Camping in Northern Scotland

Old September 24th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
Jon Hunter

Default Camping in Northern Scotland

I'd like to go camping in the far northern parts of Scotland in October.Can
anyone recommend a site?I'm not bothered about having all the trappings of
home!

Thanks

Old September 24th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
John Myers[_2_]

Muckle Flugga

--
Does living in Lincs make me a flatlander :-( ??

Remove the flatlands to reply by email.

Old September 24th 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
John Myers[_2_]

Sorry Jon
Sometimes i cant resist,

Big Sand
Strath
Gairloch
Wester Ross
Amongst the dunes, lovely walks around Torridon Loch Maree etc.

John
--

"Jon Hunter" wrote in message
sorry- I was looking for mainland Scotland campsites!
"John Myers" wrote in message
Muckle Flugga

Old September 25th 04, 02:48 AM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
Crazy Aljy

Going up in October? Me, too!

Drumbeg Village Hall on a Tuesday night if you want some music. Bring your
own bottle and look for the dimwit sitting next to the buran player. That'll
be me.

Back to lurking mode for me, before I get yelled at for spamming

Crazy.
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/crazy.aljy

"Jon Hunter" wrote in message
sorry- I was looking for mainland Scotland campsites!
"John Myers" wrote in message
Muckle Flugga

Old September 25th 04, 09:16 AM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
Conny

Thurso has a very nice campsite however the weather may be pretty
treacherous for a tent at that time of year!!!

Old September 25th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
M C

If you want a campsite near to some civilisation then there's a basic but
decent site right by the loch in Ullapool, just to the north of the town
centre. Its a quiet town with a couple of nice pubs, live folk music and
great atmosphere. Glenbrittle on the Isle of Skye is very nice and a long
way from a town and a pub. Only a basic shop there but setting is good,
right between the sea/loch and the Cuillin mountains, with views across to
the smaller islands. Bridge over onto Skye costs about 6 if I remember
correctly or the ferry across to Armadale about 26 including car, just turn
up and sail. Skye generally is very nice, worth a visit, especially the
western coasts of the island. The north western side of Scotland past Fort
William is nicer than the east in my opinion and its easy to keep driving
until you stuble upon a campsite if its still light out.

Hope this helps

Marc

Old September 25th 04, 03:38 PM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
Jock.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:57:37 +0100, "M C" wrote:

If you want a campsite near to some civilisation then there's a basic but
decent site right by the loch in Ullapool, just to the north of the town
centre. Its a quiet town with a couple of nice pubs, live folk music and
great atmosphere.

That's a lovely site in a nice little town. Go for it!

--

Jock.
Old September 26th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
RJ Webb

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:56:30 GMT, "John Myers"
wrote:

Sorry Jon
Sometimes i cant resist,

Big Sand
Strath
Gairloch
Wester Ross
Amongst the dunes, lovely walks around Torridon Loch Maree etc.

Expensive... Horribly expensive..

Mind it does have a few trappings

Richard Webb
Old September 26th 04, 02:58 PM posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.camping
Still_21

We stayed at Morvich and loved it, amoungst the 5 sisters.
CC site but takes visitors and tents, very clean, even has drying room.
Close to Kyle of Lochash and Skye.
Robin