Multi Fuel Burner adapter for Trangia and Stoves in general

Old September 28th 04, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
richard baker

Default Multi Fuel Burner adapter for Trangia and Stoves in general

They have been around a while now, and there is no problem with the pots
melting lol

A German company, Tatonka do a version in stainless steel (looks to be an
exact Trangia "clone") using a mult fuel burner which looks good, but I
would worry about the weight.

As a classic stove collector I've not melted an aluminium pot yet (so long
as there is food or water in it), even on the new Army No12 cooker, which
burns like a rocket engine, or a simple stove like a Primus 2242, which has
a 10,000BTU output (and costs a lot less than a " Pocket Rocket" of similar
output but does not have the MSR badge on it).

I like gas canister stoves becuse they are simple to light, however I hate
the running costs, they are very expensive to run when compared to
petrol/parafin/meths stoves. Although everyone says "I'll take the empty
cannister home" there are plenty to be seen dumped on the Beacons or
Snowdonia, and thats something that really miffs me.

The Trangia kit, whether commercial or Swedish Army version, are foolproof
and 100% reliable (so long as you have fuel); yes they take longer to boil
water, but then to me, making a hot drink or meal, is one of the plus points
of camping.

I use many different stoves using different fuels, my favourites at the
moment being the Svea 123, Trangia 25 & 27, Swedish Army Trangia, Primus 71,
Primus 210 and 96, all of which are 60+ years old (except the Trangia's)
and work everytime.

When you think that a stove is one of the most important parts of kit you
own, how many of us have more than one? How many of combine the stove with
have, with the food we want to cook and eat, i.e. really plan our food for a
weekend in the hills or on the coast?

A weekend camping to me means more than instant noodles, I like my grub

Rik

Take a look at www.spiritburner.com the forum there is free and the guys
and gals are only too happy to answer questions

Old October 4th 04, 12:55 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

Default Multi Fuel Burner adapter for Trangia

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:19:44 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Baker"
wrote:

They have been around a while now, and there is no problem with the pots
melting lol

snipped rest of very informative reply

I was actually only concerned at the risk of melting the Trangia
windshield(as original post), rather than any pots. My petrol fuelled
Coleman 533 stove, for example, burns much hotter than any butane
stove, which I just thought might be a bit close to the Trangia
windshield and risk a meltdown!

Neil