Vango TBS Vista 800 DLX - Feedback sought please

Old October 2nd 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Riggs

Default Vango TBS Vista 800 DLX - Feedback sought please

My wife and I have decided that we'd like to start summer camping next year
as an alternative to hiring cottages etc. We have three children 7 2 and
would like a tent large enough to sensibly stay in if it pours down with
rain all day - without being too cramped. For context, its likely to be
Summer camping, from a car, for about a week at a time.

Having done some research, I am inclined to get a 'Vango TBS Vista 800 DLX'
which I have found for approx 250, down from 400.

As an alternative, I have also been thinking about the Wild Country
Homestead 7 - but am concerned that this only has a HH of 1500mm compared to
the Vango's 3000mm.

But before I take the plunge, I'd appreciate any feedback that you have
about these tents...

Thanks, Simon

Old October 2nd 04, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Les

"Simon Riggs" wrote in message

[...]

Simon

Have you considered a Gelert Lokon Vario 5 or 6 tent - can be purchased from
Bucks Camping.
http://www.buckscamping.co.uk/tents.shtml

Brilliant tent with great reviews and loads of room and at a reasonable
price too.

Les.

Old October 3rd 04, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
FatMax

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 10:14:58 +0100, "Simon Riggs"
wrote:

My wife and I have decided that we'd like to start summer camping next year
as an alternative to hiring cottages etc. We have three children 7 2 and
would like a tent large enough to sensibly stay in if it pours down with
rain all day - without being too cramped. For context, its likely to be
Summer camping, from a car, for about a week at a time.

Having done some research, I am inclined to get a 'Vango TBS Vista 800 DLX'
which I have found for approx 250, down from 400.

Use my ex-blouse. 20 Oxfam

As an alternative, I have also been thinking about the Wild Country
Homestead 7 - but am concerned that this only has a HH of 1500mm compared to
the Vango's 3000mm.

Use my ex-pants. 10 Sally Army.

But before I take the plunge, I'd appreciate any feedback that you have
about these tents...

Bev is luvverly

--
Pope FatMax 1.1.2
Old October 3rd 04, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
S Gibber

"Simon Riggs" wrote in message

Having done some research, I am inclined to get a 'Vango TBS Vista 800

DLX'
which I have found for approx 250, down from 400.

As an alternative, I have also been thinking about the Wild Country
Homestead 7 - but am concerned that this only has a HH of 1500mm compared

the Vango's 3000mm.

But before I take the plunge, I'd appreciate any feedback that you have
about these tents...

Thanks, Simon

Check out these resources
post a message on here and you will get great feedback
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/... ThreadPage=1
check a whole range of tents here
http://www.findmeatent.com/tentlist.php

enjoy

Old October 3rd 04, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Riggs

"S Gibber" wrote in message

Check out these resources
post a message on here and you will get great feedback

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/... ThreadPage=1
check a whole range of tents here
http://www.findmeatent.com/tentlist.php

That's great - thanks!