looking ahead

Old October 12th 04, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom

Default looking ahead

Hi!
Someone mentioned the recent lack of postings to this group...we're busy
planning trips for 2005. Attend a friend's wedding - August in the Lake
District - maybe take the canoe - search for lake-side camp near
Windermere - must be one! Can we get a trailer tent as far as Orkney?
Never been to Cornwall yet, nor to the Isle of Wight...
Do we need a small fridge - the cool box is fine but depends on us
remembering to get the blue thingies frozen. We sold out to the devil
this year and bought an electric hook-up - what will they think of next?
How much is a ferry trip to France? HOW MUCH! Forget it - we're poor old
pensioners, we don't want to buy the ferry, just rent a bit of the deck
for a couple of hours! We've taken the bikes on holiday for the last
couple of years - do we need a bigger car? To think that forty years ago
we took our baby daughter cycle camping for a month - now we need a
trailer tent and a well packed car...(and room for the outboard if we
take the dinghy..)
Happy planning to all!
--
tom
Old October 12th 04, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ken

Hi Tom,
forget the blue thingies, buy ice cubes from supermarkets instead, same
price more effective and use them in drinks too...!

Old October 12th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom

In article , Ken [email protected]
internet.com writes
Hi Tom,
forget the blue thingies, buy ice cubes from supermarkets instead, same
price more effective and use them in drinks too...!

Sounds like a good idea!
--
tom
Old October 12th 04, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Niles

"Ken" wrote:

|forget the blue thingies, buy ice cubes from supermarkets instead, same
|price more effective and use them in drinks too...!

Doesn't that make a horrid mess when they melt?

| Niles, Nottingham
Q. Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip? | ICQ UIN 12724766
A. To get to the other, er... ah... |
www.cut-the-knot.com/do_you_know/moebius.html | www.niles.org.uk/blog
Old October 13th 04, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C[_4_]

In article , Tom wrote:
Hi!

[snip]

, nor to the Isle of Wight...

Don't do it! For the sake of your sanity avoid it! The ferry is stupidly
expensive and there's nothing to be done there that isn't at least as
good somewhere else on the mainland. Ooh, and the locals smell funny.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old October 13th 04, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
greg

Fran wrote:

*Planning*??? I thought the whole point of camping was to be
able to take off at a moment's notice! It is for me, anyway :-)

I often do detailed planning on the spur of the moment

--greg
Old October 13th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

[snip]

, nor to the Isle of Wight...

Don't do it! For the sake of your sanity avoid it! The ferry is stupidly
expensive and there's nothing to be done there that isn't at least as
good somewhere else on the mainland. Ooh, and the locals smell funny.

Justin.

I have been on the ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth, didn't think that was a
bad price at all ?

Old October 13th 04, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
MP

"greg" wrote in message
news
Fran wrote:

*Planning*??? I thought the whole point of camping was to be able to
take off at a moment's notice! It is for me, anyway :-)

I often do detailed planning on the spur of the moment

--greg

Good one Greg, that sounds just like me all my "spur of the moment" trips
are well planned J

MP

Old October 13th 04, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
MP

"MP" wrote in message

"greg" wrote in message
news
Fran wrote:

*Planning*??? I thought the whole point of camping was to be able to
take off at a moment's notice! It is for me, anyway :-)

I often do detailed planning on the spur of the moment

--greg

Good one Greg, that sounds just like me all my "spur of the moment" trips
are well planned J

MP
Oooops J is a miss type