Tailer tent storage

Old October 14th 04, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
greg

Default Tailer tent storage

Hi all,

As its 'that' time of year and people are getting rid of their older
trailer tents for reasonable amounts of cash, I thought I might keep an
eye on ebay to see whats about. Yes, there are plenty and some look in
very good condition so I'm very tempted. My big problem however is
storage, as in I don't have any

Do any members of this group keep trailer tents in 3rd party storage,
like you would with a caravan? and if so, what sort of costs are
involved. Yes I know I could phone around for days on end to find out
myself but you guy's are just sooo helpfull

--greg
Old October 15th 04, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

When I had a TT I just stored it in my back garden.
If you do not have that ability then you might try
looking for a lock up or garage to rent for a while.

With some of them you can stand them on there ends also.

Old October 19th 04, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Clive

"greg" wrote in message
Hi all,

As its 'that' time of year and people are getting rid of their older
trailer tents for reasonable amounts of cash, I thought I might keep an
eye on ebay to see whats about. Yes, there are plenty and some look in
very good condition so I'm very tempted. My big problem however is
storage, as in I don't have any

Do any members of this group keep trailer tents in 3rd party storage, like
you would with a caravan? and if so, what sort of costs are involved. Yes
I know I could phone around for days on end to find out myself but you
guy's are just sooo helpfull

--greg

I use a cheap hoist and have it hanging in the garage from the roof.

And no I don't use the garage to store my car in, but I've had it hangin
there for 3 years and no problems.

Clive

Old October 19th 04, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
greg

Thanks for the answers guy's. Seems keeping it under cover is the way to
go. (No access to my garden for something that size.)

--greg
Old October 23rd 04, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
RustY

"greg" wrote in message

Do any members of this group keep trailer tents in 3rd party storage, like
you would with a caravan? and if so, what sort of costs are involved.

Around here the going rate is about 8 per week - that's over 400 per year
!

For that money you could buy a couple of tents plus the petrol plus the camp
fees for a fortnight and then give the tents away when you get home and
start again next year. There are times when caravan storage is cost
effective but not often.

--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......