Camping on the Isle of Man

Old October 18th 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
highgateuk

Default Camping on the Isle of Man

Does anybody know of or can recommend good campsites (clean facilities a
must) on the Isle of Man? I'm hoping to go there next summer. RobertK

Old October 18th 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Judith

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:06:35 +0100, "highgateuk"
wrote:

Does anybody know of or can recommend good campsites (clean facilities a
must) on the Isle of Man? I'm hoping to go there next summer. RobertK

I think I stayed at Glenlough Farm, Union Mills. Google says the
phone number is 01624 851326.

This was back in 1994. You had to pay extra for the showers, but the
pot-wash hot water was included in the camping price. (This was where
I learned the trick of washing my entire body in a washing up bowl in
a tent..... but perhaps that is too much information.)

I think all of the IoM campsites conform to reasonable standards.
This one was basic but clean but got a bit rowdy one night due to the
groups of young English men on their first "foreign" holiday.

Judith