Camping in Italy

Old October 30th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

Default Camping in Italy

Hi there,

I really fancy getting a cheap flight to Rome and renting a tent or a
cabin/bungalow. Doing a bit of essential sightseeing, eating & the
seaside. My best time to go is just *before* easter and my budget is way
small. Any ideas?

thanks

Liz
Old October 30th 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:27:35 +0200, martin wrote:

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:25:56 GMT, FF wrote:

Hi there,

I really fancy getting a cheap flight to Rome and renting a tent or a
cabin/bungalow. Doing a bit of essential sightseeing, eating & the
seaside. My best time to go is just *before* easter and my budget is way
small. Any ideas?

Ask on rec.travel.europe.

Doh! you are so clever sometimes! :-)

Liz
Old October 31st 04, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:09:48 +0100, martin wrote:

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:47:59 GMT, FF wrote:

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:27:35 +0200, martin wrote:

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:25:56 GMT, FF wrote:

Hi there,

I really fancy getting a cheap flight to Rome and renting a tent or a
cabin/bungalow. Doing a bit of essential sightseeing, eating & the
seaside. My best time to go is just *before* easter and my budget is way
small. Any ideas?

Ask on rec.travel.europe.

Doh! you are so clever sometimes! :-)

You'll get a laugh at some of the questions asked if nothing else.

"I want to rent a car in Rome and drive to the Greek Islands..."

Someone from the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang generation no doubt:-)

I drove along the coast south of Rome at Easter ten years ago, most
things still seemed to be shut for winter. That should make it cheap
if nothing else.

It's beginning to look like a non-starter for that very reason. The idea
was to do some essential sightseeing with the lad, but he's still young
enough to need an exercise paddock/ beach/ field for running around in
between whiles.

cheers,

Liz
Old October 31st 04, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:56:51 +0100, martin wrote:

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:54:18 GMT, FF wrote:

[...]

I e-mailed you with some info.

Thanks! All advice gratefully accepted.

Liz
Old November 2nd 04, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fudge

We camped in Sardinia in June - here's an Italian sitefinder; hope its of
some use.

http://www.abccampeggi.it/ind2.htm

Regards

Fudge