Is Blunkett insane?? potato peelers to be banned!!!!!!

Old December 15th 04, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
KGB

Default Is Blunkett insane?? potato peelers to be banned!!!!!!

Hi

I have just looked at the news on Teletext and apparently Blunkett is
now considering extending the categories of offensive weapons to
include Swiss Army knives - and POTATO PEELERS!!!! Potato peelers for
effing chrissake !!!!

Sorry for shouting but my flabber is completely ghasted. It'll have
to be boiled rice when camping in future - until he bans rice
strainers!!!!

Has Blunkett finally gone insane or has April 1st arrived early??

What next I wonder?? - Tea towels perhaps (you could strangle people
with them), Brillo pads (could be thrown at people), boot laces
(strangulation again), rice strainers (you could do somebody a
serious injury hitting them with a rice strainer) - the list is
endless. And just wait till he realizes that tent pegs have a point
at one end.

And don't think you can smuggle your musical spoons into a pub for a
folk session - apart from folk singing being already banned in pubs
(the 2 in a bar rule) he is apparently going to insist that pubs
install metal detectors or frisk customers for illegal items -
including potato peelers presumably. Mind you there are some barmaids
that I wouldn't mind being frisked by!!!!!!!

Regards

p.s. Sorry about the rant, I just had to get it off my chest - I feel
much better now!!!! 8^)

KGB

Old December 15th 04, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ian Dalziel

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:33:57 GMT, "KGB"
(KGB) wrote:

I have just looked at the news on Teletext and apparently Blunkett is
now considering extending the categories of offensive weapons to
include Swiss Army knives - and POTATO PEELERS!!!! Potato peelers for
effing chrissake !!!!

Sorry for shouting but my flabber is completely ghasted. It'll have
to be boiled rice when camping in future - until he bans rice
strainers!!!!

I think you'll find possession of potatoes will be considered a valid
reason for having a potato peeler - unlike possesion of a bottle of
Dos Equis at 2am in the town centre.
Old December 15th 04, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping

(KGB) wrote:

| Hi
|
| I have just looked at the news on Teletext and apparently Blunkett is
| now considering extending the categories of offensive weapons to
| include Swiss Army knives

Normal Swiss army knives are perfectly legal

| - and POTATO PEELERS!!!! Potato peelers for
| effing chrissake !!!!

URL please, I do not believe you. My 10 inch kitchen knives are perfectly
legal in the kitchen.

| Sorry for shouting but my flabber is completely ghasted. It'll have
| to be boiled rice when camping in future - until he bans rice
| strainers!!!!
|
| Has Blunkett finally gone insane or has April 1st arrived early?

No the KGB has, one would expect rubbish from the Russian KGB

| KGB

Subscribe to uk.net.news.announce. A low volume *civilised* newsgroup
with only the essential information about what is happening in the uk.*
newsgroups, Request For Discussions (RFDs) Call For Votes (CFVs) etc.

Old December 15th 04, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd KGB :
Has Blunkett finally gone insane or has April 1st arrived early??

You needn't worry, he won't have any more say in the matter.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw [email protected]
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.

Old December 15th 04, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:25:23 +0100, martin wrote:

Pointy chests over a certain size an be classes as offensive weapons
too.

That was 1985, Martin:-)

They're all shaped like meringues now, in case we harrass anyone by
inadvertantly pointing a n*pple at them:-(

Liz
Old December 15th 04, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...
Has Blunkett finally gone insane or has April 1st arrived early??

Yes and no...
--
I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see
me as a dire warning.
Old December 16th 04, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:52:35 +0100, martin wrote:

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:46:34 GMT, FF wrote:

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:25:23 +0100, martin wrote:

Pointy chests over a certain size can be classed as offensive weapons
too.

That was 1985, Martin:-)

before droop set in :-((

Well in my case, yes. But Lourdeses mum, who started the craze seems to
be bearing up well.

They're all shaped like meringues now, in case we harrass anyone by
inadvertantly pointing a n*pple at them:-(

Smothered to death, instead of spiked :-)

Something like that. I just discovered t-shirt bras which appear to have
a padded tea plate in each cup. There are also n*pple daisies
apparently. They'll be bringing back foot-binding soon too:-(

See n*ples and die?

LOL!

Old December 16th 04, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:59:53 -0000, Fran wrote:

said...
Has Blunkett finally gone insane or has April 1st arrived early??

Yes and no...

That poor man has been shafted good and proper if you ask me. What sort
of intelligent woman in her 40's gets pregnant twice by her lover while
she's still living with her husband? One who wants that outcome, I'd
say.

IIRC, 1% of babies are born to women in their 40's.

Liz
Old December 17th 04, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...
. There are also n*pple daisies
apparently.

So much to learn, so little time. WTF are n*pple daisies?

Something to do with "she's pushing up daisies"?

Googling n*pple daisies finds some extremely bizarre things.

*Giggle* Doesn't it just!
http://www.hvnlynights.com/