Site that the Kids will want to return to?

Old January 14th 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark[_2_]

Default Site that the Kids will want to return to?

I'm after a camping site, near to the beach that is going to keep the kids
happy in the evening. 4 kids m12, m14, f7, f15. Preferably something in
the South West so that we can bodyboard. Done Pentewen, Perranporth, Ruda at
Croyde and Woolacombe (Morthoe). Live near Exeter so can't be in that area
(can't bodyboard here anyway!). Is Sea View International at Mevagissey
worth 50 a night for a standard pitch?? Seems a bit steep to me, but if
that's what it takes to have a good site then I'll do it! Somewhere where a
short walk in the evening leads to several pubs etc would be good.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Mark

Old January 14th 05, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barleycorn

You could try Parsands, near St Austell

http://www.chycor.co.uk/parsands/index.htm

We had a lovely week there, the bit the kids loved best was walking along the coast path to Polkerris (about a mile), and jumping into the sea off the harbour wall.

A lot of good pubs in the town, and a brilliant butcher I seem to remember!

Also an easy walk to the station, from which you can get a train to the flesh pots of Newquay, the kids will like that!

Cheers, Barleycorn.
Old January 15th 05, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barleycorn

I'm told that we have the best sausage maker near to us, John Robinson from
Stockbridge.

As his sausages cost the same as roasting topside in a 'normal' butchers,
they bloody well ought to be!!

Barleycorn.

PS His sausages are good though, despite the price.