Cornwall Beachside Campsite Recommendations

Old January 23rd 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
OceanTragic

Default Cornwall Beachside Campsite Recommendations

Can anyone recommend campsites in Cornwall that are within walking
distance of a surfing beach?

I've stayed at Valley in Polzeath but it could do with an upgrade in the
clubhouse and shower area.
Some facilities for the kids would be nice but I'm not too bothered.
Old January 23rd 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
TribalKev[_2_]

"OceanTragic" wrote in
message ...
Can anyone recommend campsites in Cornwall that are within walking
distance of a surfing beach?

I've stayed at Valley in Polzeath but it could do with an upgrade in the
clubhouse and shower area.
Some facilities for the kids would be nice but I'm not too bothered.

While not the best surfing beach in Cornwall I would highly recommend
Pentewan Sands in Pentewan, its not far from Mevagissey and St Austell.

I stayed there in August 2004 and I don't think you could get any closer to
the beach, see some of the photos I took while I was there
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tribalkev/Cornwall.htm

We were practically camping on the beach and the facilities were excellent,
with nightly entertainment for both adults and kids, they also had an
outdoor pool and kids club daily. The Site pub sold good food at a good
price.

I would defiantly go back, while all the pitches weren't as good as the one
we had (we were the blue tent pitched between the caravans by the beach)
they weren't any bad pitches.

As for prices there weren't cheap but on par with most good Cornwall sites
and the view were spectacular.

Cheers Kev

Old January 23rd 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bryan Hall[_2_]

Try this link

http://www.caravanscornwall.co.uk/index.html

A private caravan site at the edge of the super large Haven Holiday site
overlooking Perranporth, at a fraction of the Haven prices.

All their caravans overlook the sea, and are on the cliff tops, near the
path to the beach - 5 mins walk away. Access to the shops on site for
food/drink - 3 mins walk.

The local surfers bar on the beach (The Watering Hole) is 20 mins walk along
the cliff top path, so no need to drive.

Short of sleeping on the beach I don't think you'll think anything to beat
it

Stayed there twice - highly recommended
Hope it helps

"OceanTragic" wrote in
message ...

Old February 4th 05, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
David Reed

"OceanTragic" wrote in
message ...
Can anyone recommend campsites in Cornwall that are within walking
distance of a surfing beach?

I've stayed at Valley in Polzeath but it could do with an upgrade in the
clubhouse and shower area.
Some facilities for the kids would be nice but I'm not too bothered.

St Ives Bay holiday park. Its vertually on the beach itself.

Old February 5th 05, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
OceanTragic

I've seen this one and was quite interested in it. Did you camp there or
caravan?

What are the facilities like? Showers good? How big is the camping
area?; it looks tiny on the web site
Old February 5th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
David Reed

"OceanTragic" wrote in
message ...
I've seen this one and was quite interested in it. Did you camp there or
caravan?

What are the facilities like? Showers good? How big is the camping
area?; it looks tiny on the web site

I camped there about 10 - 15 year ago. The facilities then were excelent.
the showers were good. If I remember correctly, when I was there you could
camp on the campsite, or in the touring area. Last year I went to camp there
without pre-booking, but was unable to get on site (which I managed to do on
the previous occasion), due to the site beng fully booked up. It may be
worth it to pre-book, esp during the busy season. Last year I found another
camp-site between Hayle & St Ives at a place called Carbis Bay. This is a
short distance from the coast.

Old February 7th 05, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

"OceanTragic" wrote in
message ...
I've seen this one and was quite interested in it. Did you camp there or
caravan?

What are the facilities like? Showers good? How big is the camping area?;
it looks tiny on the web site

The web site pictures do not do it justice, it's bigger than it looks, you
camp amongst the sand dunes and you can walk out the back of the site
straight onto the beach. the facilities are good, [was last time I went
anyway].