The National Boat Caravan & Outdoor Show

Old January 26th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris Weston

Default The National Boat Caravan & Outdoor Show

Is at the NEC in February. 10 a ticket though. (My posts have all been
about money this year, what does that tell you I've not been to this
show before, and was wondering whether anyone here has been, and whether
it's worthwhile for the canvas-covered, or is it mainly for the rolling
roadblock crew?

Cheers

--
Chris Weston

Old January 26th 05, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:55:47 GMT, "Chris Weston"
wrote:

| Is at the NEC in February. 10 a ticket though. (My posts have all been
| about money this year, what does that tell you I've not been to this
| show before, and was wondering whether anyone here has been, and whether
| it's worthwhile for the canvas-covered, or is it mainly for the rolling
| roadblock crew?

We went a couple of years ago, and the big stands were mainly boats and
caravans, but lots of small stands with things for everyone. I note that
they have added "outdoor" to the name this year so things might be better
for tenters.

If anyone goes look for the "goody bag" place, which hands out freebies.
We got a Lock and Lock *watertight* plastic box and a sample of epoxy
putty. Not sure what they will give away this year.

--
Dave F

Old January 27th 05, 02:35 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

wrote:

| Is at the NEC in February. 10 a ticket though. (My posts have all been
| about money this year, what does that tell you I've not been to this
| show before, and was wondering whether anyone here has been, and whether
| it's worthwhile for the canvas-covered, or is it mainly for the rolling
| roadblock crew?

We went a couple of years ago, and the big stands were mainly boats and
caravans, but lots of small stands with things for everyone. I note that
they have added "outdoor" to the name this year so things might be better
for tenters.

If anyone goes look for the "goody bag" place, which hands out freebies.
We got a Lock and Lock *watertight* plastic box and a sample of epoxy
putty. Not sure what they will give away this year.

Hi,

I go every year, but mainly for the boaty stuff. From past
experience, I wouldn't recommend it if you are ONLY interested in
camping kit. Always loads of accessories mainly aimed at boat and
caravan users. But if your camping overlaps with dinghy use or any
watersport, it may be of more interest than tents alone.

Having said that, there are always a fair number of tents on show and
usually on sale at special show prices.

I'll be going again this year!

Neil

Old January 27th 05, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.camping

wrote:

| Is at the NEC in February. 10 a ticket though. (My posts have all been
| about money this year, what does that tell you I've not been to this
| show before, and was wondering whether anyone here has been, and whether
| it's worthwhile for the canvas-covered, or is it mainly for the rolling
| roadblock crew?

I just saw in the Camping and Caravanning club
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/magazine an piece on "Ordnance
Survey Outdoors Show" 18-20 March http://www.theoutdoorsshow.co.uk/ I
have not been so can not comment on what it is like

--
Dave F
Old January 27th 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:04:48 +0100, martin wrote:

| On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:41:18 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|
| On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:55:47 GMT, "Chris Weston"
| wrote:
|
| | Is at the NEC in February. 10 a ticket though. (My posts have all been
| | about money this year, what does that tell you I've not been to this
| | show before, and was wondering whether anyone here has been, and whether
| | it's worthwhile for the canvas-covered, or is it mainly for the rolling
| | roadblock crew?
|
| I just saw in the Camping and Caravanning club
| http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/magazine an piece on "Ordnance
| Survey Outdoors Show" 18-20 March http://www.theoutdoorsshow.co.uk/ I
| have not been so can not comment on what it is like
|
| What you need Dave is a Tardis, trade in your caravan now.

But I like camping with heating, a comfortable bed and an oven.

--
Dave F
Old January 29th 05, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

wrote:

| Is at the NEC in February. 10 a ticket though. (My posts have all been
| about money this year, what does that tell you I've not been to this
| show before, and was wondering whether anyone here has been, and whether
| it's worthwhile for the canvas-covered, or is it mainly for the rolling
| roadblock crew?

I just saw in the Camping and Caravanning club
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/magazine an piece on "Ordnance
Survey Outdoors Show" 18-20 March http://www.theoutdoorsshow.co.uk/ I
have not been so can not comment on what it is like

This show is much more appropriate for campers, backpackers etc. But
it's smaller, on for a shorter period, and if you arrive by car, will
cost you even more to get in, as car parking is an extra 6.

Neil

Old January 30th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ade collins

its mainly Caravans & motorhomes.. and not worth 10.00 at all went
last year
"martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:54:06 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:04:48 +0100, martin wrote:

| On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:41:18 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|
| On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:55:47 GMT, "Chris Weston"
| wrote:
|
| | Is at the NEC in February. 10 a ticket though. (My posts have all

been
| | about money this year, what does that tell you I've not been to

this
| | show before, and was wondering whether anyone here has been, and

whether
| | it's worthwhile for the canvas-covered, or is it mainly for the

rolling
| | roadblock crew?
|
| I just saw in the Camping and Caravanning club
| http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/magazine an piece on

"Ordnance
| Survey Outdoors Show" 18-20 March http://www.theoutdoorsshow.co.uk/

| have not been so can not comment on what it is like
|
| What you need Dave is a Tardis, trade in your caravan now.

But I like camping with heating, a comfortable bed and an oven.

How else are you going to comment on the Survey Outdoors Show 18-20
March?
--
Martin

Old February 3rd 05, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.camping

Hi, I've been to this show for the past three years.

Three years ago it was terrible, badly planned and too small. The past
two years have been huge improvements.

Last year there were many bargains to be had, the best of which was
Field and Trek selling Terra Nova Ultra Quasars for 300. Which is 175
off list price.

I got myself one of those as soon as I had seen it!

Jay

Old February 3rd 05, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:24:50 GMT, t wrote:

| Hi, I've been to this show for the past three years.
|
| Three years ago it was terrible, badly planned and too small. The past
| two years have been huge improvements.
|
| Last year there were many bargains to be had, the best of which was
| Field and Trek selling Terra Nova Ultra Quasars for 300. Which is 175
| off list price.
|
| I got myself one of those as soon as I had seen it!
|

| Jay
|
| Neil wrote:
| On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:41:18 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|

| On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:55:47 GMT, "Chris Weston"
| wrote:
|
| | Is at the NEC in February. 10 a ticket though. (My posts have all been
| | about money this year, what does that tell you I've not been to this
| | show before, and was wondering whether anyone here has been, and whether
| | it's worthwhile for the canvas-covered, or is it mainly for the rolling
| | roadblock crew?
|
| I just saw in the Camping and Caravanning club
| http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/magazine an piece on "Ordnance
| Survey Outdoors Show" 18-20 March http://www.theoutdoorsshow.co.uk/ I
| have not been so can not comment on what it is like
|

| This show is much more appropriate for campers, backpackers etc. But
| it's smaller, on for a shorter period, and if you arrive by car, will
| cost you even more to get in, as car parking is an extra 6.

Which show are you referring to?
Your post may refer to either.

You failed to bottom post, and more importantly failed to trim the existing
thread to refer only the part of the thread you were referring to.

untrimmed to demonstrate the problem
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat ITV, Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
Old February 7th 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:24:50 GMT, t wrote:

Hi, I've been to this show for the past three years.

Three years ago it was terrible, badly planned and too small. The past
two years have been huge improvements.

Last year there were many bargains to be had, the best of which was
Field and Trek selling Terra Nova Ultra Quasars for 300. Which is 175
off list price.

I got myself one of those as soon as I had seen it!

Jay

I've only been for the last 2 years, and was also impressed with the
offers available. I had to make several trips back to the car during
the day, with all the purchases my wife and I made!

Neil