Carefree of Colorado

Old February 1st 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tony Smith

Default Carefree of Colorado

Dear RV Consumer

I am writing today as I was terminated from Carefree of Colorado on January
31, 2005 for allegedly "destroying company property." What this means is
that I tore up an order that I thought was a duplicate. The management has
said this was destruction of property but this couldn't be further from the
truth.

The order that was tarnished was an order I believed to (and still believe)
was a duplicate order. Although, as I informed Piar (Marketing Manager) I
do not remember the exact order or tearing it up, I would not intentionally
shred the order and leave it disturbed in the waste paper basket. In the
last 10 months I have shown a great deal of integrity and dedication. I
have never had a verbal or written warning and I have never been
reprimanded.

Perhaps I can share with you I have a chronic mental illness. I suffer from
bipolar disorder (manic depression) a very serious case. Even though my
illness is treated with a verity of medications and I am able to function
well in society, I am not as often alert as I need be, but still very alert
for an office position. Also, I may assume something happened already that
has not happened yet (in this case a duplicate order). I understand Piar's
comment that, he said "I (Piar) am not buying it (meaning I purposely
destroyed property)" as many people tend to think the worst in people. Well
I did not.

I urge each and every one of you to boycott Carefree of Colorado's products,
not only do they discriminate against mentally ill people, they pay Asians
and Hispanics $6.00 an hour. Furthermore, there are no Black people in the
plant. Caucasians are paid just as poorly.

It is my belief that Carefree products are inferior to other sunshade
products on the market. It is my opinion that you can do better with your
awnings, visors, sun blockers and window awnings, etc. It is also my belief
that these products are make worse then products in Japan and fall apart
very easily.

Carefree of Colorado can be reached at:

Carefree of Colorado

2145 West 6th Avenue