one man tent - which one??

Old February 23rd 05, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.walking
Mark Taylor

Default one man tent - which one??

I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind which brand
and wanting to stay under the 100 mark

Any Suggestions??

Old February 23rd 05, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

Mark Taylor wrote:
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind which brand
and wanting to stay under the 100 mark

Argos' Pro Action was highly lauded as being wondrous, but the original
has been discontinued and "improved" and the verdict is out on the new
one as yet. But don't read all about the fabulous Argos tents and go
and buy one based on that, because what you'll get is not the one you've
read about :-(

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old February 23rd 05, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.walking
Kenneth Miles

You cant go wrong with the Coleman Cobra.

--
Regards, Kenneth.
www.kmiles.co.uk

Old February 23rd 05, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.walking
dkahn400

Mark Taylor wrote:
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind
which brand and wanting to stay under the 100 mark

Any Suggestions??

I've just bought a Coleman Viper for around 40 from World of Camping,
ordered online. It packs up very small and is reasonably light at a
shade over 2Kg. It's nice and easy to pitch. The inner goes up before
the fly which might be an issue if you have to put it up in the rain.
You can put the fly and the inner up together but I think this is a bit
of a faff.

I've spent 3 nights in it so far - one near the house to test it and 2
wild camping with the bike. I've stayed comfortable and dry despite
camping out in January and February. Only had light drizzle to cope
with up to now though. So far it seems to be a perfectly acceptable one
man tent, and very good value for the price.

On the test night I was rumbled by my cat Felix who hurled himself at
the flysheet until I unzipped the flap and let him in. He spent most of
the night curled up beside my sleeping bag.

--
Dave...

Old February 23rd 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.walking
Julie Meikle

"Mark Taylor" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind which brand
and wanting to stay under the 100 mark

Any Suggestions??

Vango Micro 100? Very good in winds and reasonably roomy....good deals for
about 85 ....or look at some of the other Vango models as there arenew ones
out now too at a good price.

Old February 23rd 05, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.walking
Vivian

I bought a Eurohike Backpacker 21OTS. I think I paid around 40 for it, and
it weights 2.5 kgs, ideal for carrying it on a bike. It's supposed to be
for 2 people, but I don't think that 2 people can fit in there. Only
downside is that it doesn't have much of a porch.

--
Vivian
-------

Old February 23rd 05, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.walking
Daytona

"dkahn400" wrote :

Mark Taylor wrote:
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind
which brand and wanting to stay under the 100 mark

Any Suggestions??

I've just bought a Coleman Viper for around 40 from World of Camping,

That's what I got. A bargain imo. Previous comments here -
URL:http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Coleman+Viper&btnG=Search&meta= group%3Duk.rec.walking

On the test night I was rumbled by my cat Felix who hurled himself at
the flysheet until I unzipped the flap and let him in. He spent most of
the night curled up beside my sleeping bag.

lol! my cat normally watches me put the tent up, walks around it with that
wonderfully disdainful air that cats do so well, then turns around and stalks
back into the house. Sleeping outside is for inferior beings, y'see.....

Daytona
Old February 24th 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.walking
meisme

Hi Mark

Try asking on www.ukcampsite.co.uk . The members are a mine of information.

HTH