Sites near preserved railways

Old March 10th 05, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil Jones[_2_]

Default Sites near preserved railways

Last year I spent a few days camping at a site very near Hampton Loade,
Shropshire, from the tent I could see a good stretch of the Severn Valley
Railway, most enjoyable... I was wondering, does anyone know of any other
campsites near/with a good view of preserved lines?

TIA
Neil

Old March 11th 05, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
Last year I spent a few days camping at a site very near Hampton Loade,
Shropshire, from the tent I could see a good stretch of the Severn Valley
Railway, most enjoyable... I was wondering, does anyone know of any other
campsites near/with a good view of preserved lines?

TIA
Neil

Kelling Heath, Nr. Sherrigham, Norfolk.

Got it's own Platform.

http://www.kellingheath.co.uk/

http://www.nnrailway.co.uk/

Old April 1st 05, 06:33 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Toolmaker

"Neil Jones" wrote
does anyone know of any other
campsites near/with a good view of preserved lines?

try http://www.iwsteamrailway.co.uk/ Isle of Wight Steam Railway - site is
at the station and is a C&CC site

Old April 6th 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Outdoor-Action \(Scotland\)

There is a great campsite in Brechin, Angus, Scotland- The very well
preserved railway station with steam trains running between Brechin and the
Bridge of Dun, with great veiws of the Montrose Basin and wildlife

If you want any more details please contact Outdoor Action at