Suggestions for wet feet...and real ale.

Old March 21st 05, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom

Default Suggestions for wet feet...and real ale.

Suggestions, please, for UK campsites which can provide the following:
Easy access and flat standing for a small trailer-tent.
Water-side site with easy launching for small dinghy with small outboard
motor (low speed+flat water - I'm a coward these days...)
Real Ale pub serving meals within ten minute walk...
I'd probably keep details of such a site secret if I knew of one, but
perhaps some kind soul can recommend Shangri-La?
Best wishes for a happy season!
--
tom
Old March 22nd 05, 07:16 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy R

"Tom" wrote in message
Suggestions, please, for UK campsites which can provide the following:
Easy access and flat standing for a small trailer-tent.
Water-side site with easy launching for small dinghy with small outboard
motor (low speed+flat water - I'm a coward these days...)
Real Ale pub serving meals within ten minute walk...
I'd probably keep details of such a site secret if I knew of one, but
perhaps some kind soul can recommend Shangri-La?
Best wishes for a happy season!

CCC site at St Neots has got most of this IIRC.

Rgds

Andy R

Old March 27th 05, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark[_6_]

There is a site in Angle, Pembrokeshire. Very sheltered and very reasonable.
2 per head last year. And nice pub up the road too. (Not easy to find the
site, its behind the life boat station, not he big one by the car park.
Though the big one might be better I've not tried that one)

Old March 27th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
MatSav

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:23:12 +0000, Tom
wrote:

Suggestions, please, for UK campsites which can provide the following:
Easy access and flat standing for a small trailer-tent.
Water-side site with easy launching for small dinghy with small outboard
motor (low speed+flat water - I'm a coward these days...)
Real Ale pub serving meals within ten minute walk...
I'd probably keep details of such a site secret if I knew of one, but
perhaps some kind soul can recommend Shangri-La?
Best wishes for a happy season!

The Caravan and Camping Club site at Laleham, Middlesex would seem to
fit your requirements.

--
MatSav
Old March 28th 05, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Puttputt

"Mark" wrote in message
There is a site in Angle, Pembrokeshire. Very sheltered and very
reasonable. 2 per head last year. And nice pub up the road too. (Not easy
to find the site, its behind the life boat station, not he big one by the
car park. Though the big one might be better I've not tried that one)

Go there every year, two very nautical pubs, plus excellent beaches and
scenery....
Should have said nothing and kept it quiet.... :0)
Rog
http://www.geocities.com/rogerscyberhome

Old March 28th 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom

In article , Puttputt
writes

"Mark" wrote in message
There is a site in Angle, Pembrokeshire. Very sheltered and very
reasonable. 2 per head last year. And nice pub up the road too. (Not easy
to find the site, its behind the life boat station, not he big one by the
car park. Though the big one might be better I've not tried that one)

Go there every year, two very nautical pubs, plus excellent beaches and
scenery....
Should have said nothing and kept it quiet.... :0)
Rog
http://www.geocities.com/rogerscyberhome

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone...but thanks. Thanks also for the other
suggestions. Have a good season - our first camp starts in eleven days -
bound to be a heat wave ;-)
--
tom