food containers

Old April 13th 05, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
bill skipton[_2_]

Default food containers

Has anyone tried the 'Klip-it' containers from Morrisons?
Saw them there yesterday and they look a big improvement over the ones
that you have to 'burp' shut and which always open up and spill
cornflakes or soap powder all over the trailer floor.
Bill
Old April 13th 05, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.camping

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:20:33 +0100, bill skipton
wrote:

| Has anyone tried the 'Klip-it' containers from Morrisons?
| Saw them there yesterday and they look a big improvement over the ones
| that you have to 'burp' shut and which always open up and spill
| cornflakes or soap powder all over the trailer floor.

We are moving to Lock and Lock
http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bi...YAAAEBo3bNE0I8
http://tinyurl.com/5jh5h
Airtight and waterproof and do not spill. The lids do not come off.

The downsides are the cost, bulk and weight, also they do not store inside
one another.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 13th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.camping

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:52:42 +0200, martin wrote:

| On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:48:52 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|

| We are moving to Lock and Lock
| http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bi...YAAAEBo3bNE0I8
| http://tinyurl.com/5jh5h
| Airtight and waterproof and do not spill. The lids do not come off.
|
| Not at all? :-)

Pedants are always with us :-(

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 13th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

"bill skipton" wrote in message
Has anyone tried the 'Klip-it' containers from Morrisons?
Saw them there yesterday and they look a big improvement over the ones
that you have to 'burp' shut and which always open up and spill
cornflakes or soap powder all over the trailer floor.
Bill

They are great for food storage, and good and watertight, but I found they
didn't stand up as lunchboxes for my kids. A bit of rough handling and the
clips crack.

Jayne

Old April 13th 05, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
MatSav

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:54:43 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:52:42 +0200, martin wrote:

| On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:48:52 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|

| We are moving to Lock and Lock
| http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bi...YAAAEBo3bNE0I8
| http://tinyurl.com/5jh5h
| Airtight and waterproof and do not spill. The lids do not come off.
|
| Not at all? :-)

Pedants are always with us :-(

Please explain exactly what you mean by "pedantic" :-)

--
MatSav
Old April 13th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barleycorn

They are great for food storage, and good and watertight, but I found they
didn't stand up as lunchboxes for my kids. A bit of rough handling and

the
clips crack.

When my kids were smaller I sent them off to school with ammo boxes for
lunch boxes. The teachers never really approved, and it all came to a head
when they went on a trip, and the bus driver refused to allow them on the
luggage rack, due to the damage that they would cause in an accident. Poor
kids had to put their dinner in the boot!

Still, the clips never broke, even when they played football with them!

Happy days!

Barleycorn

Old April 14th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

When my kids were smaller I sent them off to school with ammo boxes for
lunch boxes. The teachers never really approved, and it all came to a
head
when they went on a trip, and the bus driver refused to allow them on the
luggage rack, due to the damage that they would cause in an accident.
Poor
kids had to put their dinner in the boot!

Still, the clips never broke, even when they played football with them!

Happy days!

Barleycorn

Sigg make some aluminium lunch boxes which look quite good, but they are far
too expensive to send to school!

Jayne

Old April 14th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:36:20 +0100, "Jayne"
wrote:

When my kids were smaller I sent them off to school with ammo boxes for
lunch boxes. The teachers never really approved, and it all came to a
head
when they went on a trip, and the bus driver refused to allow them on the
luggage rack, due to the damage that they would cause in an accident.
Poor
kids had to put their dinner in the boot!

Still, the clips never broke, even when they played football with them!

Happy days!

Barleycorn

Sigg make some aluminium lunch boxes which look quite good, but they are far
too expensive to send to school!

Jayne

Which reminds me, I never did get my tupperware back off the primary
school roof.

Liz
Old April 14th 05, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...

wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:52:42 +0200, martin wrote:

| On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:48:52 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
| wrote:
|

| We are moving to Lock and Lock

http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bi...YAAAEBo3bNE0I8
| http://tinyurl.com/5jh5h
| Airtight and waterproof and do not spill. The lids do not come off.
|
| Not at all? :-)

Pedants are always with us :-(

Please explain exactly what you mean by "pedantic" :-)

Don't encourage him :-)

Open the Box!

Stake the bunny!
--
If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
Old April 15th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

Which reminds me, I never did get my tupperware back off the primary
school roof.

Liz

LOL - sounds like my lads!

Jayne