Road trip round France

Old April 18th 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Niles

Default Road trip round France

Hi, I'm planning a trip to France, still quite vague at the mo.

I have some 'don't forget' lists at www.niles.org.uk/france

What does the panel think I've left off?

Niles, Nottingham |
ICQ UIN 12724766 | A picture was worth a thousand words...
www.niles.org.uk | Tom Lehrer
Old April 18th 05, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Graham[_2_]

"Niles" wrote in message

Hi, I'm planning a trip to France, still quite vague at the mo.

I have some 'don't forget' lists at www.niles.org.uk/france

What does the panel think I've left off?

Hmm,

I'd take:

A Cigarette Lighter splitter - Looks like it's going to be busy ?

Green Card insurance Document.(Driving Docs ?)

Change for Toll Roads.

The legal Stuff for France when driving. First Aid Kit/Triangle/Spare bulbs
etc. http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/ov...equipment.html

Drugs - Aspirin, Imodium, Rennies etc

Some washing powder (so you know you're not allergic to it).

- Off the top of my head.

cheers

Graham

Old April 19th 05, 05:47 AM posted to uk.rec.camping

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:32:55 +0100, "Graham"
wrote:

| Drugs - Aspirin, Imodium, Rennies etc

Anything you might need, they have all the common drugs but they are called
different names. I once tried to get something for a friend who had
montezumas revenge. Between my bad French and the chemists bad English, I
ended up with travel sickness pills.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 19th 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Annie[_2_]

wrote:

| Drugs - Aspirin, Imodium, Rennies etc

Anything you might need, they have all the common drugs but they are

called
different names. I once tried to get something for a friend who had
montezumas revenge. Between my bad French and the chemists bad English,

ended up with travel sickness pills.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right

I tried to get something for my daughter who had threadworms 2 days into a
holiday. The chemist thought I was on about an itchy nose.

Annie

Old April 19th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:05:01 GMT, "Annie"
wrote:

I tried to get something for my daughter who had threadworms 2 days into a
holiday. The chemist thought I was on about an itchy nose.

I can remember going into a service station in the middle of the night
in France and trying to get a cup of coffee but being given two fried
eggs.

--
To email remove .lartsspammers
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
Old April 20th 05, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Francis Cameron

In message , King Queen
writes
I can remember going into a service station in the middle of the night
in France and trying to get a cup of coffee but being given two fried
eggs.

I am eternally grateful to the Automobile Association which provided me
with a little book so I could tell the French garage 'my windscreen
wiper has broken'. [No, the book did not have the phrase 'My postillion
has been struck by lightning'.]

--
Francis
Old April 24th 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
GeoffC[_2_]

wrote:

I tried to get something for my daughter who had threadworms 2 days
into a holiday. The chemist thought I was on about an itchy nose.

I can remember going into a service station in the middle of the night
in France and trying to get a cup of coffee but being given two fried
eggs.

Heard of some travellers once in a faraway foreign land, trying to buy some
tampons in a small shop. Unable to express their needs in the local
language, they resorted to a small drawing on a piece of paper. The
shopkeeper stared at the drawing for a few moments before a beam of
comprehension spread across his face, disappearing into the back of the shop
he emerged a few moments later with a mousetrap.

--

Geoff