"Pump Store" (?)

Old July 9th 03, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

Default "Pump Store" (?)

My pump is on the end of a pipe that drops into the water container. When
not in use it all folds up and goes into a box in the side of the van. The
flange for this box is not very well sealed against the caravan wall. The
screws are tight. It has what looks like a foam rubber gasket under it,
totally different to all the other flanges on the caravan wall which are
sealed with conventional goo. Although the screws are tight the flange sits
several mm away from the wall. Is this why they use a thick gasket, to take
up the gap?

Does anyone know what I am talking about! Is this normal, or a previous
bodge.

I also noticed that when I drained the water tank, water escaped from the
cavity where the pump is stored. Everything works OK, but I'm just checking
points.

Bill

Old July 10th 03, 04:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"Bill" wrote in message
[...]

The inlet to my Fiamma tank has a thick gasket which allows for the dimpled
nature of the ally on the side of the Hobby: a thin gasket would not.
However you might try calling Whale or Aquaflow to check