British Holidays Site - Cumbria.

Old October 15th 03, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

Default British Holidays Site - Cumbria.

Hi

Just returned from a very wet water logged site...

Ended up taking the awning down because the grass was so long when we
arrived it just started smelling...filled a report form to say 2 out of the
4 main and only site lights were broken - 2 weeks later still not fixed.

When the grass was cut - it was cut in the rain and so its taken me 4 hours
to valet my car...i have never known a site so bad..

Regards

John Stott

---

Old October 15th 03, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve W...

"Seroxat Mad" wrote in message
Hi

Just returned from a very wet water logged site...

Ended up taking the awning down because the grass was so long when we
arrived it just started smelling...filled a report form to say 2 out of

the
4 main and only site lights were broken - 2 weeks later still not fixed.

When the grass was cut - it was cut in the rain and so its taken me 4

hours
to valet my car...i have never known a site so bad..

Regards

John Stott

---

I think this is probably typical of most of the British Holidays sites, we
visited Marton Mere in Blackpool last year which reminded me of a refugee
camp, about 200 touring caravans all in straight rows, hardly any room in
between, the toilets were dirty & overcrowded at busy times, Entertainment
facilities at night were the same - overcrowded!
The only thing they seemed competent at was trying to sell their own
caravans to you, this they do with a vengeance, even going as far as
knocking on your tourer door to try & get you to do a trade it in against
one of their static's + pestering you when your trying to have a drink at
the bar in the evening.
I certainly would pay their extortionate prices again for such crap
facilities.

Steve...

Old October 15th 03, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

I will be posting the pictures of all the pools of water on my website
soon....

we visit (to move -but by then our son aged 3 was into bradley bear) a small
site with only 2 electric pitches and about 12 old staitcs and yet they
could manage to cut and collect the grass...what made it worse was the fact
that when it was cut it was so long it should have been collected...

Old October 17th 03, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Boy

Hi John,
Wich site are you on about in Cumbria??,
Yours
John Scott

Old October 23rd 03, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Boy

Hello John,
Thanks for the info John,
That is way we like the CC&C and CC sites,
at lest you know what your going in too,
One again thanks for the info on flookbrough
we have not been to that one "and we will not be going",
Regards
John Boy.