Caravans go free.

Old October 15th 03, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JSGJ

Default Caravans go free.

Readers may be interested to know that P&O now have details on their Web
page of their "Caravans go free " scheme for 2004. I have booked Dover /
Calais return for July / September at a a price of 132 BP. Admittedly I have
to sail out at 05 :15 but still a pretty good deal I think ?

JSGJ

Old October 15th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

JSGJ wrote:

Readers may be interested to know that P&O now have details on their Web
page of their "Caravans go free " scheme for 2004.

Dover-Calais only, I bet? :-(

--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain
Old October 15th 03, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian Cooper

Might be worth turning up really early and trying to check in - you can
always find a car park for a kip if they won't let you on. (There's quite a
good one on the right if you circle the town centre and head back towards
the port). This year we travelled on earlier, more expensive crossings than
we'd booked Dover Calais and back. Saved a packet but depends how busy they
are. We went out 7.00 on Friday in mid August and ferry wasn't full - mind
you that's not suprising looking at some of the prices. WEe were about 4
hours early on a Sunday afternoon on the return. See my previous postings
through Google for late P&O deals.

Ian

Old October 15th 03, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"Stuart Bell" wrote in message
pex.com...
JSGJ wrote:

Readers may be interested to know that P&O now have details on their Web
page of their "Caravans go free " scheme for 2004.

Dover-Calais only, I bet? :-(

--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain
if you want to email me.

Dependent upon the response will the prices fall after 31/10?

Old October 16th 03, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Johnny

JSGJ wrote:
Readers may be interested to know that P&O now have details on their
Web page of their "Caravans go free " scheme for 2004. I have booked
Dover / Calais return for July / September at a a price of 132 BP.
Admittedly I have to sail out at 05 :15 but still a pretty good deal
I think ?

JSGJ

Interestingly this offer is not available for those of us who want to travel
the other way, ie France/UK/France , even if you were to use exactly the
same ferries at the same times. Racism or what??

Johnny

Old October 16th 03, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
riccip

"Ian Cooper" wrote:

Might be worth turning up really early and trying to check in - you can
always find a car park for a kip if they won't let you on. (There's quite a
good one on the right if you circle the town centre and head back towards
the port). This year we travelled on earlier, more expensive crossings than
we'd booked Dover Calais and back. Saved a packet but depends how busy they
are. We went out 7.00 on Friday in mid August and ferry wasn't full - mind
you that's not suprising looking at some of the prices. WEe were about 4
hours early on a Sunday afternoon on the return. See my previous postings
through Google for late P&O deals.

Worth mentioning that caravans and trailers are specifically not
allowed on municipal Dover car parks (although motorcaravans are
ok) so you could be risking a ticket. For best P&O prices try
their own "bucket shop" at www.ferry.co.uk
Old October 16th 03, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

"Johnny" wrote:

Interestingly this offer is not available for those of us who want to travel
the other way, ie France/UK/France , even if you were to use exactly the
same ferries at the same times. Racism or what??

No doubt you have already raised this matter with your MEP?

;-)