Mondeo 1.8 deisel

« - | - »

Old October 16th 03, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich

Default Mondeo 1.8 deisel

Has anyone used or are using ,one of the 1.8 diesel Mondeos for towing ?

Are the any use?

Richard.....

Old October 16th 03, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Cliff Goldsmith

I hope there ok,
ive just bought an 1.8TD estate !!!

"Rich" wrote in message
Has anyone used or are using ,one of the 1.8 diesel Mondeos for towing ?

Are the any use?

Richard.....

---

Old October 16th 03, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

"Rich" wrote in message
Has anyone used or are using ,one of the 1.8 diesel Mondeos for towing ?

I have seen several in use. My Escort 1.8TD is useless though as a towcar.
I've just bought a Volvo!

Bill

Old October 17th 03, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ron keys

hi
i have an old 1994 1.8 td and i tow an old abbey gt414 , i have not had any
problems with it apart from a bit of a struggle on steep hills.
i recently went to cornwall from essex (some steep hills) and was trying to
keep in 5th gear as much as possible and was pleased with the mpg, but on
the way back i was using the gears a little bit more(dropping down the gears
more often rather than keeping my foot on the floor in 5th) and it made a
difference to the mpg (quite a bit better)
what year mondeo because it will make a difference because i have got the
old idi engine , the newer ones have got what is known as the lynx (which is
a better)
ron

Old October 17th 03, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich

Thanks for your views. I'd be looking for one about 3 or 4 year old.

Richard...

Old October 18th 03, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim Pace

I have had 2 a 1995 1.8TD and a 2000 1.8 TD Estate I think they are a
fantastic towcar I have towed all across France never had a problem and
regularly climb Birdlip hill nr Cirencester fully laden with 4 people on
board.

--
Tim Pace
" A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves

Old October 18th 03, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"Tim Pace" wrote in message
| I have had 2 a 1995 1.8TD and a 2000 1.8 TD Estate I think they are a
| fantastic towcar I have towed all across France never had a problem and
| regularly climb Birdlip hill nr Cirencester fully laden with 4 people on
| board.

Agreed. Towed all over Europe with a 1996 1.8TD pulling 1100kg and never
missed a beat. Excellent towcar.

Budgie

---

« - | - »