volvo 2.3 turbo intercooler petrol est

Old October 16th 03, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
terry

Default volvo 2.3 turbo intercooler petrol est

has any one towed with same car i have a auto and want to know if i need to
fit a seperate auto box oil cooler
regards terry

Old October 16th 03, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
em

"terry" wrote in message
has any one towed with same car i have a auto and want to know if i need

fit a seperate auto box oil cooler
regards terry

Seemingly all automatic cars need an oil cooler, so I have been advised - I
drive a Vauxhall Omega 2ltr automatic without a cooler and it tows fine.
Watch the oil temperature gauge if it boils you need a cooler (and a new
engine)

Old October 16th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

"terry" wrote in message
has any one towed with same car i have a auto and want to know if i need

fit a seperate auto box oil cooler
regards terry

Probably, according to some of the Volvo owners sites.

Bill

Old October 16th 03, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

Seemingly all automatic cars need an oil cooler, so I have been advised -

drive a Vauxhall Omega 2ltr automatic without a cooler and it tows fine.
Watch the oil temperature gauge if it boils you need a cooler (and a new
engine)

Are you sure you haven't already got an oil-cooler already fitted?
I've got the Omega 2.5V6 and the gearbox oil is piped through the bottom
section of the radiator as an oil-cooler. I was told by Vauxhall dealer that
no extra cooling was required .

Graham

---

Old October 16th 03, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
john

May already have one fitted, but unless you want to tow up and down Snowdon
all day then will not be a problem.

John

Old October 16th 03, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian Cooper

I've got the Omega 2.5V6 and the gearbox oil is piped through the bottom
section of the radiator as an oil-cooler. I was told by Vauxhall dealer

that
no extra cooling was required .

My old Granadas had this type of oil cooler and it didn't stop the oil from
overheating and writing off the gearbox in one and showing signs of
overheating (I later realised) in the other. I don't know anything about
about auto gearboxes but the sign was delayed selection of reverse gear
after working hard. Having said that it got me to Naples and back so I think
it might be more of a problem with older (second) car when the lower part of
the radiator tends to silt up. If you don't have a temperature sensor in the
gearbox I'd be very cautious.
Ian

Old October 16th 03, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Check on the Volvo Owners Club site (Towing information). Most Volvo owners
using your type of car fit an extra oil cooler in series with the oil cooler in
the radiator. There is a proprietary kit available consisting of a double "L"
fitting with two unions for the additional cooler, which connects into one of
the radiator oil connections (top, driver's side).

Cheers, Peter.

"john" wrote in message
: May already have one fitted, but unless you want to tow up and down Snowdon
: all day then will not be a problem.
:
:
: John
: ...

Old October 17th 03, 07:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
em

"GrahamW" wrote in message

Seemingly all automatic cars need an oil cooler, so I have been

advised -
drive a Vauxhall Omega 2ltr automatic without a cooler and it tows fine.
Watch the oil temperature gauge if it boils you need a cooler (and a new
engine)

Are you sure you haven't already got an oil-cooler already fitted?
I've got the Omega 2.5V6 and the gearbox oil is piped through the bottom
section of the radiator as an oil-cooler. I was told by Vauxhall dealer

that
no extra cooling was required .

Graham

Just had the car checked over and was asked if I wanted a cooler fitted.
1996 vintage.